lthough there are a number of treatments available for migraine, but adjusting your diet could create a big difference in severity of your migraine symptoms. Those who experience a severe pain accompanying a migraine would surely want to learn these eating tips.
Here are six food items you should add to your diet if you want to prevent migraines…
- Dark Leafy Greens : Dark leafy greens veggies are considered very effective in preventing migraines especially spinach as it is quite high in certain vitamins, such as B2 and B6 along with Omega-3 acids that are regarded as proven migraine reducers. Apart from spinach, there are some other leafy greens that can prove quite helpful for those who are trying to lessen the grip of migraines. These mostly include amaranth leaves, kale, beet greens, arugula and lettuce. One important thing to keep in mind while looking for a leafy greens is that the darker the hue, the higher the nutritional value will be.
- Whole Grains : To reduce the risk of migraines, people should try to add whole grains to their regular diet, as its fiber and vitamin content can also help keep blood sugar stable, as fluctuating levels can result in headaches. Stay away from the white bread, white rice and pasta, because they all have processed (refined) grains.
- Fish : Many health experts suggest that the Omega-3 fatty acids one can get from fish is a key to reduce or eliminate migraine symptoms. In this regard, fish oil is the most beneficial since it can help reduce inflammation and blood pressure. Mackerel, salmon and tuna are regarded as the three best sources of fish oil. However, doctors recommend taking fish oil supplements in capsule form, because there are chances that fish might be contaminated with mercury. Fish oil supplements come in various forms like liquids, pudding packs, flavored wafers, gummies, etc.
- Seeds and Nuts : Surprisingly some small items like nuts and seeds can also have a big impact on your migraines. Researchers shown that sunflower seeds as one of the best for this purpose, particularly their salt-free variety. A handful of sunflower seeds per day can help deliver Vitamin E, magnesium, and fatty acids. Some other seeds generally recommended by health experts include flaxseed, sesame seeds, and Chia seeds. Moreover, almonds are considered as a good alternative to popping a headache pill.
- Peppermint and Ginger Tea : The list of these foods cannot be completed without mentioning the possible healing powers of tea. Tea particularly peppermint and ginger, can help fight off bad symptoms related with migraines. Health experts believe that as the gut and brain are intimately connected, therefore, peppermint tea can help to settle an upset stomach from a migraine while a study has proved the effectiveness of ginger tea for migraines as the results of this study showed that ginger tea is as effective as sumatriptan, which is a commonly prescribed medicine to reduce migraine pain.
- Eggs : Recent studies have established the effectiveness of eggs for reducing migraines as they are very helpful for migraine sufferers due to their Vitamin B content. On the other side, some health experts believe that eggs are a major migraine enabler due to the glutamic acid content of egg whites that is considered as the “top migraine trigger”. Hence, some experts advise that if you don’t already eat eggs, then trying a few might not be a bad idea to check any positive impacts while for those who do eat eggs, removing them out from their diet for a few days to monitor the difference can be a good idea.
Friends, as you all know very well that classical homeopathic medicines are prescribed only on the basis of TOTALITY OF SYMPTOMS with a clear cut identification of disease in patient and patient in disease also, even then we are providing here just a few homeopathic medicines for different types of medical problems in a short way.
But reader is advised very strongly to use the medicines only under medical supervision and these medicines should never ever consumed without proper consultation with your doctor or GP.
All types of ACUTE as well as CHRONIC COMPLEX diseases, (as described in this article) are being treated gently and harmoniously in our Singhal multispecialty homoeopathy clinic with best classical homoeopathy medicine available to us, by helping and correcting the internal immune system .
We, in our clinic treat all types of acute and chronic diseases and for this we are having best qualified homoeopathic doctors available with us.
As you all know that In this modern mobile and digital era, diseases are increasing day by day just because of our poor life style which includes improper nutrition with no exercise and working in high level of pollution as well as radiation ; this give rise to all type of life-style diseases which includes Obesity, Diabetes, Text neck, Hypertension, Stress Related Anxiety And Depression, Thyroid And Menses Related Problems, Eczema Or Dermatitis, Lichen Planus, Psoriasis Vulgaris, Hairfall, Skin Allergy And Allergies To Milk, Dust, Mites, Wheat And Perfumes Etc, Student’ Stress, I.B.S. (Ulcerative Colitis ),Rheumatoid Arthritis And Other Auto Immune as well as Hormonal Disorders And Diseases Etc.