Anorexia nervosa is a serious and psychological eating disorder that often leads to an unhealthy and dangerous weight loss. The person suffering from this disorder generally has an extremely low body weight in terms of BMI. Anorexia nervosa can be characterized by a denial to maintain a healthy body weight, an extreme fear of weight gain, and a distorted body shape. This disorder can affect both women and men of all age groups. Anorexia nervosa is a complex eating disorder; hence, it is very necessary that it should be dealt by a professional treatment team comprise of medical doctors, dieticians, and therapists. Here are some of the best and effective treatment 5 Best ways to deal with Anorexia nervosa.
The uppermost concern in the treatment of this eating disorder is dealing with any serious health issues that might have resulted because of malnutrition, for instance, an unstable heartbeat. There are certain medications that doctors generally prescribe to patients suffering with anorexia nervosa, which mainly include:
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRI): Doctors recommended this medicine as it helps to ease symptoms of depressed mood and anxiety.
- Antipsychotic: This medicines helps to reduces or improve the symptoms of some psychiatric conditions.
This section of anorexia nervosa treatment comprises of weight restoration, proper implementation and supervision of a customized meal plan, and creating awareness about regular eating patterns. Most preferably a dietician can help in designing a feeding plan that should be carefully formulated as per the patient’s needs and level of maturity. For those patients who have a very low weight, it is difficult to start eating normal meals at once as it can be dangerous. Therefore, there is a need to design a food plan with liquid meals.
The main objective of therapy is to identify underlying issues associated with anorexia nervosa, tackle and mend from traumatic life events, acquire healthier coping skills and develop the ability to express and cope up with emotions. Individual counselling is one of the best ways to develop healthy ways of taking control of one’s life. Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) has been regarded quite effective in treating various eating disorders. However, the choice of counselling for anorexia is generally determined based on individual and family circumstances.
Support from Family Members
Family members can play a key role in supporting patient’s emotional and physical goals for healing. Every family member can handle their loved one’s eating disorder by taking care of following things…
- See a family therapist to help patient get new ways to handle frustration, grief, worry, anger, and power struggles.
- Helping a family member with anorexia by showing support and avoiding power struggles.
Homeopathic Mode Of Treatment
Anorexia nervosa can be treated very effectively with homeopathy. Homeopathic remedies have a deep effect on human health and have been considered very effective in different psychological and developmental disorders.
Given below are some of the natural homeopathic medicines that have a proven efficiency for treating anorexia nervosa cases.
- Antimonium Crudum: Antimonium Crudum is one of the best homeopathic medicines for treating anorexia nervosa. This medicine is generally indicated to help stimulate appetite that has diminished after a serious illness.
- Colchicum: This is another excellent homeopathic remedy for the treatment of anorexia nervosa. Colchicum helps to promote appetite and is mostly recommended in those cases when nausea is also present along with anorexia nervosa.
- Ignatia: Ignatia is one of the most effective homeopathic remedies for anorexia nervosa. It is generally helps to stimulate appetite in those patients who have earlier lost it due to depression or sadness.
Friends, as you all know very well that classical homeopathic medicines are prescribed only on the basis of TOTALITY OF SYMPTOMS with a clear cut identification of disease in patient and patient in disease also, even then we are providing here just a few homeopathic medicines for different types of medical problems in a short way.
But reader is advised very strongly to use the medicines only under medical supervision and these medicines should never ever consumed without proper consultation with your doctor or GP.
All types of ACUTE as well as CHRONIC COMPLEX diseases, (as described in this article) are being treated gently and harmoniously in our Singhal Multispecialty Homoeopathy Clinic with best classical homoeopathy medicine available to us, by helping and correcting the internal immune system .
We, in our clinic treat all types of acute and chronic diseases and for this we are having Best Qualified Homoeopathic Doctors available with us.
As you all know that In this modern mobile and digital era, diseases are increasing day by day just because of our poor lifestyle which includes improper nutrition with no exercise and working in high level of pollution as well as radiation; this give rise to all type of life-style diseases which includes Obesity, Diabetes, Text neck, Hypertension, Stress Related Anxiety And Depression, Thyroid And Menses Related Problems, Eczema Or Dermatitis, Lichen Planus, Psoriasis Vulgaris, Hairfall, Skin Allergy And Allergies To Milk, Dust, Mites, Wheat And Perfumes Etc, Student’ Stress, I.B.S. (Ulcerative Colitis ),Rheumatoid Arthritis And Other Auto Immune as well as Hormonal Disorders And Diseases Etc.