What is Ulcerative Colitis?
Ulcerative colitis (UC) is a disease characterized by long-term inflammation and ulcer-formation in the large-intestine (‘colon’) lining.
The digestive system is responsible for the digestion of the food we eat so that nutrients in the food are available to provide energy to the body.
Ulcerative colitis is one of the many form of ‘inflammatory bowel disease’ (IBD). IBD refers to the diseases that cause a chronic inflammatory condition of the digestive tract. Cure of Ulcerative colitis in Homeopathy is possible.
Types of Ulcerative Colitis:
For Ulcerative colitis Treatment in Homeopathy, it is important to diagnose it properly. The inflammation generally affects the rectum and the lower parts of the colon, but it can affect the entire colon in severe conditions. Depending upon the affected parts Ulcerative colitis can be of many subtypes.
- Entire Colon – Pancolitis
- Rectum – Proctitis
- The Sigmoid Colon – Sigmoiditis
- Beyond Sigmoid Colon – Left-Sided Colitis
Inside the large intestine, the inflammation of the inner lining (mucosa) causes the death of the colon lining cells and this results in sores or ulcers. Also, the inflammation makes the colon empty frequently resulting in diarrhea. Due to the destruction of the epithelial lining of the colon, ulcers formed may release mucus, blood, and pus.
Ulcerative colitis is a chronic disease and is notorious for its waxing and waning nature. The UC patients undergo periods of remission, during which they are asymptomatic to the disease and usually do not suffer from the problems. Period of remission may vary patient-to-patient but switched by alternating periods of relapse or flare, during which the symptoms start appearing again.
Causes of Ulcerative Colitis
The exact cause behind this disease is not fully known and is somewhat ambiguous. Numerous theories are suggesting a variety of possible causes of ulcerative colitis, but with little to no significant proof. The existing studies show that there is more than one factor responsible for the onset, progression, and relapse of Ulcerative colitis. The causes may involve but are not limited to heredity, genetic factors, environmental factors, or disturbances in the immune system.
One of the major underlying causes suggests abnormal activation of the immune system, leading the ulcerations in the intestine. Broadly these factors are categorized into two groups i.e. extrinsic and intrinsic factors.
- Diet: Consumption of processes and junk food, high-refined sugar, soda intake are found be related with the onset of Ulcerative colitis. Some patients are known to experience the symptoms soon after consuming these foods.
- Infections: Some researchers feel that ulcerative colitis may be related to certain infections of the digestive tract caused by the microorganism E. Coli. Another theory holds that the modern measles virus, improperly cleared from the body, results in low-grade, chronic inflammation of the intestinal lining.
- Drugs: The studies have also shown that women taking oral contraceptive pills were more susceptible to Ulcerative colitis. Many patients experience a flare-up of the condition after using Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and some antibiotics. Drugs used for treating acne (Isotretinoin, to be specific), is found to trigger UC and Crohn’s disease in many patients.
1. Disturbance of the Immune System
Some experts believe that the defect in one’s immune system is responsible for the ongoing inflammation in the intestinal wall. The disturbance is thought to be either of two:
Allergy: Many studies have shown certain food allergies to be responsible for Ulcerative colitis in some patients. Often, some intestinal infections have been found to aggravate the condition.
Autoimmunity: Autoimmunity causes the immune response of a person to confuse their own body parts with foreign agents, leading to their damage. Most recent researches indicate that ulcerative colitis can be a form of autoimmune disease in which the body’s defense system starts attacking the cells of the large intestine.
Some researches suggest that there may be certain genetic factors that may cause Ulcerative colitis in a person.
3. Hereditary factors
Family histories have been found to have more than one member of the family to be affected by Ulcerative colitis. It is common, that is anyone’s immediate family members are having Ulcerative colitis, then, their chances of having the disease increases.
The brain plays a vital role in maintaining health and is determinant, in many cases, whether a person is living in good or bad health. Healthcare professionals believe and notice that any kind of emotional stress may significantly alter the normal functioning of the immune system and can be an underlying cause of ulcerative colitis. Physicians frequently encounter such cases, in which patients have started observing the symptoms of Ulcerative colitis after a stressful situation.
Symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis
Ulcerative colitis affects each individual differently. Some suffer only with mild symptoms, but others have severe and disabling symptoms with frequent flare-ups. Usually, the patient may lead a normal life during the remission phase, while, relapsing the symptoms after that period. Generally, the symptoms reappear after an interval, which varies from days to months or even years. Ulcerative colitis treatment in Homeopathy is started once the symptoms confirm the presence of this disease. The common and prevalent symptoms are:
- Diarrhea (Diarrhoea):The most common symptom of UC is diarrhea. The person may require frequent visits to the toilet. Often blood is also present in the stools.
- Blood in the Stools: Ulcerative colitis is characterized by the presence of blood in the stools. Blood is mixed stools may be present, but not as blood clots. The presence of blood clots also indicate the presence of other disease. Often pus may be present in the stool.
- Tenesmus: Some patients may feel incomplete evacuation of the stools called ‘tenesmus’ where there is a painful urge to defecate but the patient doesn’t pass or have any stools.
- Nausea, Vomiting, and Abdominal Cramps: Flare-up phases of ulcerative colitis may lead to nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal cramps. It may be a indicative of the development of other complications e.g., abscess or perforation of the intestinal wall.
- Fever, Fatigue, Loss of Appetite: These symptoms are usual accompaniments with consequent weight loss. The person suffering, becomes very weak and sick.
- Constipation: At times, some Colitis patients may suffer from constipation. Constipation may be psychologically induced, as the pain and discomfort, sometimes causes a patient to avoid passing stools.
- Loss of Water and Nutrients: With increased diarrhea, the person may lose valuable water and nutrients from the body and may experience dry mouth, sunken eyes, fast heartbeat, and pale skin.
Ulcerative Colitis Diagnosis
Ulcerative colitis is not always simple to diagnose. A series of tests including a thorough physical examination is needed to diagnose ulcerative colitis.
After discussing the problems with the person, the doctor will do a physical examination, like checking the abdominal tenderness, weight loss, etc.
If necessary, a stool and/or blood test is done.
Endoscopy of the colon, called, colonoscopy is helpful in understanding the extent of damage to the colon.
In other cases, an X-ray may also be done, which provides the doctor with a picture of the intestine, with a barium-enema.
For proper ulcerative colitis treatment in Homeopathy, a detailed diagnosis of the condition is necessary.
Patient’s Testimonial for Ulcerative Colitis
Permanent Cure of Ulcerative Colitis in Homeopathy
Fortunately, the availability of advanced technology in diagnostics and good medicines helps to manage ulcerative colitis effectively. This goal can be safely and surely achieved with Homeopathy. For the best Ulcerative colitis cure, Homeopathy is is the best and a safe option.
While in conventional medicines, the patient may get symptomatic and temporary relief from the condition, a permanent cure of ulcerative colitis in Homeopathy is possible.
Homeopathy makes use of natural sources for its medicines, like, plants, animals, minerals, etc. Moreover, the medicines used in Homeopathy are used in very minute quantities, so as to avoid any side effects. But a smaller dose doesn’t mean that Homeopathy is less effective. Homeopathy, by using a special technique called ‘Potentization’, makes the least amounts of the medicine work with the highest efficacy.
Dr. Singhal Homeo is the best place for Permanent cure of Ulcerative colitis in Homeopathy. Dr. Vikas Singhal is practicing for more than 18 years and curing people of various acute, chronic, and life-threatening diseases successfully, including Ulcerative colitis. Hundreds of patients have already been benefited from Dr. Singhal Homeo for ulcerative colitis treatment in Homeopathy.
Best Homeopathic Doctor & Treatment for Ulcerative Colitis in India. Anyone suffering from Ulcerative colitis and related problems can call Dr. Singhal Homeo on these number to make an appointment and get Permanent Cure of Ulcerative Colitis in Homeopathy: +91 7087462000. We offer online video consultation and deliver your Homeopathic medicine across India and in countries like the USA, UK, UAE, Canada, and Singapore.
Patient Testimonials for Ulcerative Colitis
I was suffering from severe ulcerative colitis since last 1 year.my symptom was very very severe.i had visited lots if gastroenterologist but medicine used to give temporary relief.i was put on steroid and mesacol both to control my symptom.i had heard about dr singhal Clinic from internet and had consulted dr sir and my sister anajali for the same.
Dr singhal is really a very nice and kind person.He understand the problem of patient and than advise medicine.i am taking homeopathic medicine since last 4 months.my symptoms are almost controlled.steroid is completely stopped since last 1 month and expecting mesacol will be completely stopped in coming month. Thank you very much dr sir and sister anajali. I owe my life to both of you.such cooperation I had never received from any other doctor.There is saying that doctor is like a God and heres the truth that god had sent dr singhal sir in my life to heal.i am very much grateful to dr sir and anajali sister.if I start writing about their kindness and support it will be never ending. My confidence started coming and I am really feeling light and had confidence that now I need no visit any doctor .only “dr singhal dr singhal dr singhal ” .god is with me in the face of dr singhal and anajali sister.
I can advise everyone to do consult dr singhal for any chronic and life threatening disorder because he is the best doctor in whole world.homeopathic doc with good knowledge might be there in the world but all of them will not have human touch like dr singhal sir and anajali sister. May god bless both of you and you continue your mission in healing the painful and depressed person who had lost all Hope’s in life.
I am a patient of ulcerative colitis since a very long time. I often used to suffer a lot from the symptoms of the related disease, but since last 2 months I am on homeopathic medication under Dr. VIKAS SINGHAL, till now there is a lot of improvement in my health. My symptoms are almost gone. Thank you so much Vikas sir, you are a very genuine and humble person.
I have diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and from last three months been taking prescription from dr singhal and already seen great results , as of now I am 95% satisfied with my condition and hope to get 100% results soon . According to me Dr singhal know what he is doing unlike other doctors who hit and trial on you . So I recommend you all for homeopathy dr. Singhal. This is my first time that I am taking homeopathy treatment and so far my experience is satisfying 🙏
Sachin Singh Malik
Hi my self Rakesh and I m suffering from ulcerative colitis since 2010 and I have take lots of medicines but not get permanent relief in Oct 2018 I have started medicines from dr Singhal after that I have got good results and now I m 60% ok. Thanks God. Thanks Dr.Singhal