Have you been noticing stubborn dark patches and velvety texture in your armpits and at the back of your neck? These may be a pointer to a more serious skin condition or an internal issue. However, there is a greater possibility that you may be suffering from Acanthosis nigricans. A condition like this can lead to poor skin appearance and embarrassment in social situations. While it might seem like a challenging skin disorder to treat, it is something that can be dealt with quite easily. Homeopathic treatment for acanthosis nigricans extends beyond the physical symptoms and treats the root cause, thereby giving you long-lasting results.
What is Acanthosis Nigricans?
Acanthosis nigricans is characterized by dark, thick, patchy skin with a velvety smooth texture, most often observed in the skin folds. Although acanthosis is not a disease, it can result from certain underlying causes and preexisting conditions. People who are dark-skinned, obese, and sweat profusely are most prone to this condition. Skin folds are commonly affected, and the most common areas are as follows:
- Around lips
- Woman’s breasts (beneath)
Practically, affected persons do not suffer from discomfort because no itching or inflammation is involved. However, patients are more concerned about their appearance, making this problem more of a cosmetic issue. In severe cases, the skin may appear leathery and thick, like elephant skin. Homeopathic medicine for acanthosis nigricans follows a curative approach to treat rather than suppressing it. Moreover, Homeopathy for acanthosis nigricans treatment regulates the body’s immune system to prevent extensive damage to the body.
Types of Acanthosis Nigricans
Depending on the determining factors, acanthosis nigricans can be classified into the following types –
- Obesity-Related Acanthosis Nigricans – This is the most common type of Acanthosis, affecting people with metabolic syndrome, including, obesity/overweight, and insulin resistance (diabetes).
- Syndromic Acanthosis Nigricans – This type occurs in women with hyperandrogenism (excessive androgen production and secretion), uncontrolled diabetes mellitus, PCOS, and autoimmune diseases.
- Acral Acanthosis Nigricans – Seen mostly in dark-skinned people.
- Drug-Induced Acanthosis Nigricans – It is the rarest type caused by medications.
- Hereditary Benign Acanthosis Nigricans – An autosomal dominant trait (genetic traits) inherited from parents, with symptoms appearing at any age, including in infancy.
- Malignant Acanthosis Nigricans – Associated with an underlying malignancy (cancer).
- Mixed Type Acanthosis Nigricans – Occurs when a mixture of any of the above types is seen.
- Malignant Acanthosis Nigricans – It is associated with gastrointestinal adenocarcinomas and genitourinary cancers, including prostate, breast, and ovary. Malignant acanthosis usually has a rapid onset and is accompanied by skin tags, multiple seborrheic keratoses, or tripe palms.
- Unilateral Acanthosis Nigricans – Also called nevoid Acanthosis nigricans. It is rare and is inherited in an autosomal dominant fashion. Lesions occur unilaterally. Moreover, it may present in infancy, childhood, or adulthood.
Homeopathy for acanthosis nigricans helps control and minimizes the spread & intensity of the condition. Therefore, Homeopathic medicine for acanthosis nigricans is recommended for an effective treatment.
Causes and Risk Factors of Acanthosis Nigricans
Following are some of the causative factors responsible for the development of acanthosis nigricans:
- Diabetic or prediabetes state
- Certain medications, like birth control pills, thyroid supplements, and growth supplements used for bodybuilding, can create high insulin levels and make you prone to acanthosis nigricans.
- Cancer treatments (medications used to prevent the side effects of chemotherapy)
- Endocrine issues such as hypothyroidism, Cushing’s disease, acromegaly, and PCOD
Blackening of the neck skin is also common in PCOD as in Acanthosis nigricans. In case it comes out to be PCOD, you can get rid of the darkening issue using Homeopathic medicines for PCOD.
Homeopathic treatment for acanthosis nigricans can prove beneficial to all age groups without any side effects.
Dr. Singhal Homeo – Your Ideal Destination for Effective Homeopathic Medicine for Acanthosis Nigricans
Homeopathic medicine for acanthosis nigricans not only aims to treat the symptoms of acanthosis but also address its underlying cause and individual’s susceptibility to developing the problem. If certain medications cause acanthosis, the dark patches may also fade away after you stop taking those medications. The underlying cause, like diabetes, can be treated with Homeopathy in the early stages, or you can see a diabetologist for the treatment. Any other medication possibly causing the disease should be substituted to alleviate the condition. Homeopathy for acanthosis nigricans treatment can help by slowing down the further spread of the disease and reducing hyper-pigmentation to some extent.
When seeking Homeopathic treatment for acanthosis nigricans or any other ailment, Dr. Vikas Singhal is the perfect choice. With over 20 years of experience, he practices at Dr. Singhal Homeo in Chandigarh, catering to patients from India and around the globe, including the USA, UK, Canada, Singapore, Scotland, Austria, Australia, and more.
He provides personalized Homeopathic medicine for acanthosis nigricans, tailoring the treatment plan based on thorough diagnosis reports, symptoms, and medical history. For your convenience, both in-person and online consultations are available. Here, you can not only get Acanthosis treatment, but also Homeopathic treatment for acromegaly, diabetes, hypothyroidism and other problems associated with Acanthosis nigricans.
For any queries regarding Homeopathic treatment for acanthosis nigricans, feel free to contact us or reach out on WhatsApp at +91 8264408264 to schedule an appointment and embark on your journey towards healthier and clearer skin.
Patient Testimonials for Acanthosis Nigricans
We went through various allopathic docter to get treated and cured with one of the medical condition since from last four years. Our medical expenses for course of treatments reached around 60k/month but no positive results was noticed. Then my wife friend suggest her to check with Dr. Singhal in homeopathy as she recovered from same medical condition from his treatment. Then we decide to take treatment from Dr. Singhal. Initial three months my wife was worry but i observed some significant changes and decided to keep treatment continue as its a long back issue , so it may take some time. Within 6 month from the start of treatment. My wife completly recovered & got cured from her condition. I thank docter and his staff for there time and support during course of treatment . And my wife friend to suggest us a correct docter.
Very Good Homeopathic clinic and Doctor. Their way of treatment and interest in each case is exemplary. Their telemedicine Services allow patients to use the consultation using WhatsApp and video calls; it helped me a lot, getting medicines at my doorstep without visiting the clinic. I highly recommend him.
Dr. Vikas is a very genuine, experienced doctor and treating patients without any greed of money. I approached him related to some medical problem. He guided me. I was feeling very comfortable during the discussion with him related to my medical problem. Now I am Feeling Better. I believe that homeopathy is one of the best cure to any medical problem in any age without any side effect.