Trigeminal Neuralgia or tic douloureux is considered the most excruciating of all pains. It is characterized by intense facial pain that interferes with everyday activities. Activities as simple as talking, smiling, chewing, brushing the teeth, or shaving can cause brief convulsion of intense pain. These painful bouts are short-lived, but the pain can return intermittently. Or one may experience constant pain that isn’t severe. Usually, trigeminal neuralgia is unilateral (affecting just one brain side). If it’s bilateral, both sides will get affected, but not simultaneously. It is a very rare condition. Homeopathic treatment for Trigeminal Neuralgia is recommended for effective treatment with no side effects.
How Homeopathic Medicine for Trigeminal Neuralgia works?
Trigeminal Neuralgia is a condition characterized by pain, when the blood vessels get pressed against the trigeminal nerves.
The trigeminal nerve is the largest of twelve cranial nerves, which has three divisions, i.e.,
- Ophthalmic division: covers the top portion of the face, including forehead, upper eyelid, and cornea of the eye
- Maxillary division: everything in the middle of the face, including cheeks, nostrils, and upper lip
- Mandibular division: covers the lower portion of the face, including the lower lip and jaw area.
Homeopathic medicine for trigeminal Neuralgia controls the underlying nerve damage –thereby providing symptomatic relief from the condition.
Types of Trigeminal Neuralgia
There are two types of Trigeminal neuralgia one has to know that are:
- Primary Trigeminal Neuralgia: is caused by nerve compression, typically at the base of the head where the brain meets the spinal cord. It is caused by contact between a healthy artery or vein. Usually at the bottom of the brain and the trigeminal nerve. Primary TN occurs when a tumor presses on the nerve as it emerges from the brain, causing the abnormal firing of the nerve.
- Secondary Trigeminal Neuralgia: is the result of pressure on the nerve resulting from a tumor, a cyst, facial injury, or any other conditions that damage the myelin sheath covering the nerve cells.
Causes of Trigeminal Neuralgia
Trigeminal neuralgia has no known definite cause. TN may have different causes, but the common reasons are listed below to identify the individual causes and prescribe a better homeopathic treatment for Trigeminal Neuralgia:
Some of the inflammatory disorders affected with Trigeminal neuralgia are:
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Injury – by surgery, an accident, or a stroke can be a cause of Trigeminal neuralgia
- Women are more likely to suffer from TN than men
- It can occur at any age but is usually common in people older than 50
- This type of disorder can be genetic
- It can also be linked to high blood pressure
Many studies have found that TN is often accompanied by more than one cause. As it can be seen, immunological causes are influenced by stress and genetic factors, implying that factors are interconnected and work in a chain. Therein, Homeopathy for Trigeminal neuralgia can subside and cure the root causes according to one’s medical history.
Symptoms of Trigeminal Neuralgia
Homeopathic medicine for Trigeminal neuralgia helps relieve the below-listed symptoms for a productive life. Common symptoms of TN include:
- Frequent episodes of pain from a few seconds to minutes
- Pain on one side of the face
- Intense burning
- Sharp pain like an electrical shock sensation in the face
- Tingling or numbness may be present
- Increased frequency and intensity of pain during cold climate
- Shooting pain along the different course of nerve divisions
- If left untreated, the attacks will become frequent and unbearable
Therein, Homeopathic treatment for Trigeminal neuralgia is effective, manages the pain and other symptoms, both for unilateral and bilateral cases.
Trigeminal Neuralgia Triggers
The TN pain may appear suddenly and last for a moment or a few minutes. The pain is periodic. If pain is left untreated, it may last for a couple of hours, making the patient almost immobile, so they may not be able to do any other activity. Therefore, one would have to hold the affected part tightly. Homeopathic treatment for Trigeminal Neuralgia mobilizes the attacks and help to live a peaceful life.
The pain might typically get worse by following triggers:
- hewing and drinking
- Brushing and gargling
- Touching the face
- Slightest wind or draft of air
- Movement of eyelids or blinking
Homeopathy for Trigeminal neuralgia may be able to reduce the attacks’ intensity, frequency, and duration than conventional medicines.
Diagnosis of Trigeminal Neuralgia
A doctor will examine an individual’s face to determine the areas affected if the symptoms indicate trigeminal neuralgia. There are no tests to diagnose neuralgia. A CT or MRI is only conducted if any other underlying condition is suspected in facial or brain regions like tumors or sinusitis. MRI may reveal a blood vessel that is touching the trigeminal neuralgia. One can treat this cause through Homeopathic treatment for Trigeminal Neuralgia for long-lasting results.
Tips for Trigeminal Neuralgia Pain Management
Some tips to avoid painful attacks:
- Try to avoid exposure to wind and draft of cold air
- Avoid (mental and physical) stress such as anxiety, lack of sleep, long drives, etc.
- Avoid low room temperature throughout the night; it might aggravate pain at night or on waking up
- Identify trigger factors such as cold water, gargling, specific facial movements while eating or shaving, etc. and avoid them
- Avoid missing doses of medicines
- Avoid eating hard food items
- Learn to avoid sudden jerky movements, turning neck while driving, etc.
- Maintain a good oral hygiene to avoid dental caries
Combined with these precautions, Homeopathic treatment for Trigeminal neuralgia may produce an effective result, since, it is safe, non-toxic, and doesn’t interfere with other medications.
Why opt for Homeopathic Treatment for Trigeminal Neuralgia?
Homeopathic treatment for Trigeminal neuralgia works in the following manner:
- Relieving the intensity of pain
- Reduces the frequency and duration of attacks
- Controlling the underlying process of nerve damage
- Increase pain threshold
Homeopathic medicine for trigeminal neuralgia is safer compared to conventional medication. When taken with proper medical consultation from a qualified and experienced homeopathic practitioner, Homeopathic treatment for Trigeminal neuralgia can effectively heal the problem without causing any side effects.
Dr. Singhal Homeo provides the best Homeopathic treatment for Trigeminal neuralgia at affordable prices. After going through the diagnosis reports, symptoms, and recurrence, Dr. Vikas Singhal uses individualized Homeopathic medicine for trigeminal neuralgia.
We provide online audio/video consultation and deliver your Homeopathic medicine for Trigeminal neuralgia across India and the Lithuania, France, Spain, Italy, Macau, Thailand, Hong Kong, Nigeria, Australia, USA, UK, Scotland, Austria, Canada, and Singapore. Call or WhatsApp at +91 8264408264 to make an appointment.