What Are Keloids?
A keloid or keloid scar is a sort of overgrown scar, or a scar that forms from abnormal healing. Keloid is a type of thick, rough scar that generally rises above the skin level and extends further than the original wound boundaries. This skin condition mostly develops in people who are between 10 and 20 years old.
What Are The Various Causes And Risk Factors Involve With Keloids?
In normal wound healing procedure, fibroblasts (the cells present in connective tissue) synthesize the protein collagen, which gives structural support to the wound and plays a major role in every stage of wound healing. However, when fibroblasts produce far more collagen than generally required, Keloids formation takes place.
Apart from it, there are some other biological factors that also contribute to keloid development; this includes the overproduction of some growth factors and glue-like proteins.
Moreover, Keloids can also develop from many types of skin injuries, such as:
- Surgical cuts
- chickenpox blemishes or scars
- Vaccination shots
- Body or ear piercings
Keloids generally develop over the exact site of the injury, and are mostly of red, pink, or flesh-coloured. Keloids are mostly smooth, but some can be nodular (lumpy) or ridged.
If case of exposure to the sun during the first year of formation, a keloid can be tan darker than the surrounding skin.
What Are The Signs And Symptoms Of Keloids?
As Keloids generally occur from the overgrowth of scar tissue, thus symptoms mostly occur at a site of previous skin injury. Given below are some signs and symptoms that can be a keloid:
- A small area of skin that is pink, red, or flesh-coloured.
- A lumpy or uneven area of skin that’s generally raised
- An area that grow constantly with scar tissue over time
- An itchy patch of skin
Keloid scars take weeks or months to develop fully. They are mostly the larger than the original wound. Although keloid scars can be itchy, they are generally harmless to the overall health. A person with this condition might face discomfort, tenderness, or possible irritation from his/her clothing or other types of friction. In very rare cases, he/she can experience keloid scarring on large areas of their body.
What Are The Various Keloid Treatment Options Available?
It can be a difficult decision to treat a keloid as it is possible that after removing the keloid, the scar tissue might grow back again, and at times it can grow back larger than before. Apart from surgery, other options to lessen the size of a keloid generally include:
- Corticosteroid injections, these are occasionally combined with external cryotherapy
- Pressure therapy
- Radiotherapy (this treatment is used with a great caution as radiations posses’ risk of cancer)
- Laser therapy
- Silicon-based products such as gels and patches
Homeopathic Treatment For Keloids
Homeopathic remedies can treat Keloids very effectively. The Homeopathic treatment for Keloids is based on natural remedies that are totally free from side effects. The total time needed to treat Keloids completely with Homeopathic medicines varies from case to case, depending upon the many factors such as size and duration of the presence of the these growths on the skin.
Most Commonly Used Homeopathic Remedies For Keloids
- Nitric Acid: It is one of the best homeopathic medicines for Keloids. Some patients with Keloids may experience sharp pains that feel like splinters, Nitric Acid is the most appropriate homeopathic medicines for these types of patients.
- Causticum: Causticum is one of the most effective homeopathic remedies for Keloid formation due to burns. It is the best medicine for treating Keloid formation immediately after burns and when old burn scars resurface.
- Silicea: Silicea is one of the best natural homeopathic remedies to cope with Keloids that are painful. It works very effectively to decrease the pain and dissolve the unnecessary cicatricial tissue that forms Keloids.
- Thuja: Thuja is an ideal homeopathic remedy for treating Keloids formation at vaccination sites. This natural Homeopathic medicine is very useful as a treatment for Keloids that are mostly formed at vaccination sites.
Friends, as you all know very well that classical homeopathic medicines are prescribed only on the basis of TOTALITY OF SYMPTOMS with a clear cut identification of disease in patient and patient in disease also, even then we are providing here just a few homeopathic medicines for different types of medical problems in a short way.
But reader is advised very strongly to use the medicines only under medical supervision and these medicines should never ever consumed without proper consultation with your doctor or GP.
All types of ACUTE as well as CHRONIC COMPLEX diseases, (as described in this article) are being treated gently and harmoniously in our Singhal multispecialty homoeopathy clinic with best classical homoeopathy medicine available to us, by helping and correcting the internal immune system .
We, in our clinic treat all types of acute and chronic diseases and for this we are having best qualified homoeopathic doctors available with us.
As you all know that In this modern mobile and digital era, diseases are increasing day by day just because of our poor life style which includes improper nutrition with no exercise and working in high level of pollution as well as radiation ; this give rise to all type of life-style diseases which includes Obesity, Diabetes, Text neck, Hypertension, Stress Related Anxiety And Depression, Thyroid And Menses Related Problems, Eczema Or Dermatitis, Lichen Planus, Psoriasis Vulgaris, Hairfall, Skin Allergy And Allergies To Milk, Dust, Mites, Wheat And Perfumes Etc, Student’ Stress, I.B.S. (Ulcerative Colitis ),Rheumatoid Arthritis And Other Auto Immune as well as Hormonal Disorders And Diseases Etc.
2 thoughts to “Homeopathic Treatment for Keloids/कीलोइड/ ਕੈਲੋਇਡਜ਼”
I am having 3 keloid ..1 keloid on my back sholulder since last 18 years and one on my back above buttocks since last 1 year which is growing in size..
Kindly suggest if it is possible to cure this problem as I have suffered a lot due to this
Kindly send us all your details like name, problem details, address, photo of the affected area, previous prescriptions and doctor reports, etc., on our WhatsApp numbers +91 7087462000, +91 9041111747.
Once the doctor has studied your case, someone from our clinic will contact you. You can choose between visiting our clinic for an in-person or an online audio/video consultation (as required and decided by the patient and the doctor) with the doctor.