A muscle cramp, also referred to as “charley horses” is a medical condition, which is experienced by most of the people at one time or another. Muscle cramps occur when the muscles reluctantly contract, resulting in becoming hard and painful. These mostly occur in the calf or foot. In majority of cases, the exact cause of a muscle cramp is generally remains unknown. In some cases, muscle cramps can occur due to an underlying medical condition or circumstance.
Here is a list of reasons that can lead to muscle cramps.
- Inadequate Supply of Blood : In a condition called as peripheral arterial disease, which is commonly known as arteriosclerosis of the extremities, the arteries become narrow and in some cases even get blocked, which causes poor blood supply to the legs and feet, eventually leading to painful cramping. However, health experts believe that these cramps mostly occur while exercising, and generally go away soon after one stop exercising.
- Nerve Compression : If the nerves in the spine become compressed, painful cramps can occur in the legs. This mostly happens in the case of lumbar stenosis. However, walking in a little flexed position, like one would use when pushing a shopping cart ahead of him/her, can prove helpful in improving or delaying the onset of the symptoms. Apart from it, peripheral neuropathy, which is a disorder that mostly occurs when the nerves in the peripheral nervous system do not function properly as they become damaged or destroyed; can also cause these cramps. This is most probably occurs if the affected nerves are the motor nerves. This might also led to muscle twitching and weakness.
- Lack of Minerals : Having low levels of minerals such as calcium or magnesium in the blood can also result in muscle cramps, because low levels of calcium or magnesium directly enhance the excitability of the nerve endings as well as the muscles they stimulate. Moreover, health experts say that muscle cramps can occur in any circumstance, which decreases the availability of magnesium or calcium in body fluids. These conditions mostly include excessive vomiting, hyperventilation, or insufficient diet intake.
- Any Strain or Injury : Strain is one of the most common causes of muscle cramps. If a muscle is placed under rigorous stress or used for a long time, a cramp can occur during the exertion or afterwards. These types of cramps mostly occur in athletes or in people who play a lot of sports. Cramps can also occur as a result of body’s defensive system to protect an area of the body that has been injured, like in case of a broken bone. This happens because the cramp tries to minimize movement and stabilize the area of injury.
- Medications : There are certain medications that can also increase a person’s possibility of having muscle cramps. These medications generally include antipsychotics, diuretics, birth control pills, and steroids. These medications can cause cramps by depleting body fluid and sodium. Apart from it, some medications also cause the loss of calcium and magnesium, potassium, which can surly lead to muscle cramps.
- Dehydration : The body usually lose a lot of fluids through perspiration while doing any physical exercise. However, if one does not drink enough water to balance this fluid loss, this can lead to dehydration, which can eventually result in muscle cramps.
Friends, as you all know very well that classical homeopathic medicines are prescribed only on the basis of TOTALITY OF SYMPTOMS with a clear cut identification of disease in patient and patient in disease also, even then we are providing here just a few homeopathic medicines for different types of medical problems in a short way.
But reader is advised very strongly to use the medicines only under medical supervision and these medicines should never ever consumed without proper consultation with your doctor or GP.
All types of ACUTE as well as CHRONIC COMPLEX diseases, (as described in this article) are being treated gently and harmoniously in our Singhal multispecialty homoeopathy clinic with best classical homoeopathy medicine available to us, by helping and correcting the internal immune system .
We, in our clinic treat all types of acute and chronic diseases and for this we are having best qualified homoeopathic doctors available with us.
As you all know that In this modern mobile and digital era, diseases are increasing day by day just because of our poor life style which includes improper nutrition with no exercise and working in high level of pollution as well as radiation ; this give rise to all type of life-style diseases which includes Obesity, Diabetes, Text neck, Hypertension, Stress Related Anxiety And Depression, Thyroid And Menses Related Problems, Eczema Or Dermatitis, Lichen Planus, Psoriasis Vulgaris, Hairfall, Skin Allergy And Allergies To Milk, Dust, Mites, Wheat And Perfumes Etc, Student’ Stress, I.B.S. (Ulcerative Colitis ),Rheumatoid Arthritis And Other Auto Immune as well as Hormonal Disorders And Diseases Etc.