What is ADHD?
ADHD stands for Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, which is a group of behavioural symptoms including hyperactivity, inattentiveness, and impulsiveness.
Symptoms of this disorder can be seen at an early age and they might become more noticeable when a child’s circumstances change, for instance when they start school. The majority of cases are mostly diagnosed when children are 6 to 12 years old. Generally, the symptoms of Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder get better with age; however a lot of adults who are diagnosed with the condition at an early age continue to experience these problems.
People experiencing ADHD might also feel some additional problems, like sleep and anxiety disorders.
What Causes ADHD?
Although the exact cause of ADHD is still unknown, but the condition has been shown to run in families means it may be genetic. Around 35 percent of children with this order have a parent or sibling who also has ADHD. Research has also acknowledged some possible differences in the brains of people with ADHD compared to those who don’t have the disorder, in this case some areas of the brain might develop at a slower rate or be less active in kids with ADHD. Apart from it, some environmental factors can also contribute in causing ADHD. For instance, prenatal exposure to alcohol and cigarette smoke can increase the risk of getting ADHD.
What Are The Symptoms Of ADHD?
Symptoms of ADHD mainly fall into three categories: inattention, impulsivity and distractibility. These include:
- Forgets things, or feel confused and appears to not be listening
- Feeling difficulty to concentrate and quickly changes activities
- Usually gets bored with an activity if its not very enjoyable
- Feels difficulty in learning new things and following directions
- feels impatient and has trouble waiting for a turn
- Blurts out improper things and interrupts people
- Overreacts to emotional situations and feelings
- Talking constantly
- Keep moving his body even when sitting down
- Moves from one place to another very quickly and frequently
- Finding difficulty in sitting still for meals and other quiet activities
How ADHD Can Be Diagnosed?
ADHD involves a complex diagnosis hence it’s important to work with a professional to diagnosis ADHD. This disorder can be diagnosed with the help of full interview procedures, behaviour and symptom rating skills, third party observations, and obtaining comprehensive history. Comprehensive neuropsychological and psycho-educational testing can also prove very beneficial; however, it is not necessary for diagnosis. Neuropsychological testing can help to learn the facts of the unique brain profile, which can be very helpful in learning to cope up with ADHD after being diagnosed.
How ADHD Is Treated?
Though there’s no exact cure for ADHD, but it can be managed well with proper educational support, advice and support for parents and affected children, along with medication.
Mostly the first treatment offered to adults with ADHD is medication. However, deciding whether to treat ADHD with medication or not is a personal and at times quite difficult decision. For the majority of kids with ADHD, stimulant medications like methylphenidate and amphetamines are very effective in managing symptoms. Moreover, some psychological therapies such as cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) can also prove helpful. CBT helps children with ADHD get skills to manage their behavior, improve organization and deal with stress.
Homeopathic Treatment For ADHD
Homeopathy helps to relieve symptoms of hyperactivity, inattention, and anxiety to a great extent. A major aspect of homeopathic medicine is that each patient receives an individualized treatment plan, which is tailored as per his or her symptoms and biology. The professional homeopath assesses each patient with ADHD, and makes a personalized mix of homeopathic substances designed to cure patient’s unique symptoms of inattention, hyperactivity, anxiety, or insomnia.
Most Commonly Used Homeopathic Medicines For ADHD
- Coffea cruda: This homeopathic remedy is mostly used to cure sleeplessness and diminish racing thoughts in children and adults with ADHD.
- Synaptol: This is one of the most effective homeopathic medicines. It is mostly used for the treatment of ADHD in children and adults age 2 and older. It helps to improve attention and limit hyperactivity.
- Verta alb: The homeopathic remedy “verta alb” is mainly used to calm the nerves and is mostly used for children with ADHD and comorbid anxiety. It aims to reduce the potential for temper irritability in children who have difficulty to control their emotions.
- Stramonium: This homeopathic remedy is very useful in reducing aggressive or violent behavior, which is very common in children with ADHD.
Friends, as you all know very well that classical homeopathic medicines are prescribed only on the basis of TOTALITY OF SYMPTOMS with a clear cut identification of disease in patient and patient in disease also, even then we are providing here just a few homeopathic medicines for different types of medical problems in a short way.
But reader is advised very strongly to use the medicines only under medical supervision and these medicines should never ever consumed without proper consultation with your doctor or GP.
All types of ACUTE as well as CHRONIC COMPLEX diseases, (as described in this article) are being treated gently and harmoniously in our Singhal multispecialty homoeopathy clinic with best classical homoeopathy medicine available to us, by helping and correcting the internal immune system .
We, in our clinic treat all types of acute and chronic diseases and for this we are having best qualified homoeopathic doctors available with us.
As you all know that In this modern mobile and digital era, diseases are increasing day by day just because of our poor life style which includes improper nutrition with no exercise and working in high level of pollution as well as radiation ; this give rise to all type of life-style diseases which includes Obesity, Diabetes, Text neck, Hypertension, Stress Related Anxiety And Depression, Thyroid And Menses Related Problems, Eczema Or Dermatitis, Lichen Planus, Psoriasis Vulgaris, Hairfall, Skin Allergy And Allergies To Milk, Dust, Mites, Wheat And Perfumes Etc, Student’ Stress, I.B.S. (Ulcerative Colitis ),Rheumatoid Arthritis And Other Auto Immune as well as Hormonal Disorders And Diseases Etc.