Asperger syndrome (AS) is a neurobiological disorder characterized by major problems in social interaction and nonverbal communication, with limited and repetitive patterns of behaviour and interests.
It is a part of a group of conditions called autism spectrum disorder (ASD). However, Asperger syndrome differs from other ASDs by comparatively normal language and intelligence. Generally the signs of this disorder start appearing before two years old and usually last for a person’s entire life.
Symptoms Of Asperger Syndrome
The Symptoms of Asperger Syndrome begin early in life. A kid with this disorder:
- Face difficulty in making eye contact.
- Feels awkward in social situations and generally doesn’t figure out what to say or how to respond when someone talks to him/her.
- Generally miss social cues that seems easy to other children, such as body language or the expressions on people’s faces.
- Can show few emotions. For instance, the child might not smile when he’s happy or laugh at a joke.
- Keep talking about himself only most of the time.
- Mostly repeat himself a lot, particularly on a topic of his interest. Moreover, he may also repeat the same movements again and again.
- Do not like change.
The Diagnosis Of Asperger Syndrome
If you notice symptoms of Asperger syndrome in your child, you must consult your doctor. He will further refer you to a mental health expert who specializes in ASDs as this condition is generally treated with a team approach. That means you might have to consult more than one doctor for your child’s care.
- Psychologist: A Psychologist diagnoses and treats problems associated with behaviour and emotions.
- Pediatric Neurologist: A Pediatric neurologist treats brain conditions. Developmental paediatrician: He has expertise in language and speech problems along with other developmental problems.
- Psychiatrist: He specializes in mental health conditions and can recommend medicine to treat these conditions.
- Treatment for Asperger Syndrome: As every child is different, hence treatment approach varies from case to case. However, your doctor may have to try some therapies to find one that works.
- Treatments for Asperger Syndrome can include:
- Social skills training: In groups or one-on-one sessions, therapists teach the child with this disorder how to interact with others and express themselves in more appropriate ways.
- Speech-language therapy: This helps improve the child’s communication skills.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT): It helps a child change his way of thinking, so he can better control his emotions and repetitive behaviors.
- Parent education and training: Parents can learn many of the same techniques that their child is taught so they can work on social skills with him at home.
- Applied behavior analysis: This technique encourages positive social and communication skills in the child and discourages disruptive behaviour.
- Medicine: Though there aren’t any medically proven medicines that specifically treat Asperger’s or autism spectrum disorders but some medications can help with related symptoms like depression and anxiety. The doctors generally prescribe some of these:
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs)
- Antipsychotic drugs
- Stimulant medicines
Homeopathic Treatment For Asperger Syndrome
Homeopathic remedies generally contain a combination of ingredients for best effect. The homeopathic treatment plan aims to address the underlying cause of the problem and not just treat the symptoms only. Homeopathic medicines can be effective alternatives to synthetic drugs with far fewer risks and side effects.
Some of the most commonly used homeopathic medicines for Asperger syndrome:
- Ginkgo Biloba: This is one of the best homeopathic remedies, which is very effective to support brain health and maintain a healthy supply of blood and nutrients to the brain.
- Hyoscyamus: This is another very effective homeopathic remedy. It is mostly indicated to reduce routine impulsive, restless and erratic behaviour.
- Hypericumperforatum: Hypericumperforatum is one of the most recommended homeopathic medicines to maintain emotional balance, a reasonable attitude and feelings of well-being in children.
- Cina: This homeopathic medicine is very effective to reduce the frequency and strength of common childhood tantrums, calm and soothe fiery tempers.
Friends, as you all know very well that classical homeopathic medicines are prescribed only on the basis of TOTALITY OF SYMPTOMS with a clear cut identification of disease in patient and patient in disease also, even then we are providing here just a few homeopathic medicines for different types of medical problems in a short way.
But reader is advised very strongly to use the medicines only under medical supervision and these medicines should never ever consumed without proper consultation with your doctor or GP.
All types of ACUTE as well as CHRONIC COMPLEX diseases, (as described in this article) are being treated gently and harmoniously in our singhal multispecialty homoeopathy clinic with best classical homoeopathy medicine available to us, by helping and correcting the internal immune system .
We, in our clinic treat all types of acute and chronic diseases and for this we are having qualified and Best Homoeopathic Specialist available with us.
As you all know that In this modern mobile and digital era, diseases are increasing day by day just because of our poor life style which includes improper nutrition with no exercise and working in high level of pollution as well as radiation ; this give rise to all type of life-style diseases which includes Obesity, Diabetes, Text neck, Hypertension, Stress Related Anxiety And Depression, Thyroid And Menses Related Problems, Eczema Or Dermatitis, Lichen Planus, Psoriasis Vulgaris, Hairfall, Skin Allergy And Allergies To Milk, Dust, Mites, Wheat And Perfumes Etc, Student’ Stress, I.B.S. (Ulcerative Colitis ),Rheumatoid Arthritis And Other Auto Immune as well as Hormonal Disorders And Diseases Etc.