Pain throat or painful swallowing is quite common problem experienced by people of all age groups. This symptom has several potential causes. Difficulty swallowing along with pain is normally a symptom of an infection or an allergic reaction.
Causes Of Painful Swallowing
The most common causes of pain throat are:
- the common cold
- the flu
- chronic cough
- throat infection, such as strep throat
- acid reflux
Some of the other possible causes of painful swallowing are:
- swollen lymph nodes in the neck
- a throat injury
- an ear infection
- swallowing large pills
- swallowing jagged food inappropriately, like chips or crackers
In exceptional cases, painful swallowing can be a sign of certain types of cancer, like esophageal cancer.
The Possible Complications
Conditions that cause painful swallowing can give rise to number of complications including:
- chest infections
- worsening bacterial or viral infections
- a loss of taste, it can be be temporary or permanent
- swollen lymph nodes in the neck, which can make it difficult to turn your head or to lean your head back
The Symptoms To Approach The Doctor
Its time to call your doctor if you experience the following symptoms along with painful swallowing:
- difficulty breathing
- problems swallowing
- an unusual or large amount of drooling
- a visibly swollen throat
- difficulty opening your mouth
- blood when you cough
- joint pain
- a lump in your neck
Treatment For Painful Swallowing
Treatment for painful swallowing can differ as per the cause of the pain. Your doctor will probably recommend some antibiotics to treat infections of the tonsils, throat, or esophagus. The doctor may also prescribe anti-inflammatory medications to lessen inflammation in the esophagus, throat, or tonsils.
In case of frequent painful swallowing due to recurring tonsillitis or in case your tonsillitis doesn’t respond to medication, the doctor might recommend you a surgery called a tonsillectomy, to remove your tonsils.
Homeopathic Treatment For Painful Swallowing
Homeopathic remedies are generally quite effective in treating the acute symptoms of painful swallowing or sore throat, however professional constitutional care is often necessary to cure chronically recurring sore throats. Children with much pain from a sore throat or those who have difficulty swallowing or opening their mouth should receive a culture to determine if they have strep.
Some Of The Most Common Homeopathic Medicines Used To Cure Painful Swallowing
- Aconitum: This medicine can be prescribed during the early onset of the sore throat. The symptoms come on suddenly, mainly after exposure to a cold air. There can be some burning in the throat which results in a red, dry, and swollen throat.
- Arsenicum: This remedy should be considered in case if children have a burning pain in the throat that is worsened by cold food or drinks and eased by warm food or drinks. Initially the child may feel a nasal discharge and then throat pain. Normally the pains are worse on the right side.
- Apis: This medicine should be considered when the throat hurts even when a person isn’t swallowing. The throat not only looks red, even it looks shiny as well. There is dryness in the throat along with a burning and harsh pain.
- Lachesis: In case children have a sore throat which is worse on the left side, this medicine is generally recommended. Their pains are aggravated by empty swallowing (just swallowing saliva) or drinking warm or hot liquids, and the comforted when swallowing foods.
- Ignatia: The distinctive symptom of children who require this medicine is sore throat pain that is calmed by swallowing foods and is worsen by empty swallowing. The children may experience throat pain even when they don’t swallow.
Friends, as you all know very well that classical homeopathic medicines are prescribed only on the basis of TOTALITY OF SYMPTOMS with a clear cut identification of disease in patient and patient in disease also, even then we are providing here just a few homeopathic medicines for different types of medical problems in a short way.
But reader is advised very strongly to use the medicines only under medical supervision and these medicines should never ever consumed without proper consultation with your doctor or GP.
All types of ACUTE as well as CHRONIC COMPLEX diseases, (as described in this article) are being treated gently and harmoniously in our Singhal multispecialty homoeopathy clinic with best classical homoeopathy medicine available to us, by helping and correcting the internal immune system .
We, in our clinic treat all types of acute and chronic diseases and for this we are having best qualified homoeopathic doctors available with us.
As you all know that In this modern mobile and digital era, diseases are increasing day by day just because of our poor life style which includes improper nutrition with no exercise and working in high level of pollution as well as radiation ; this give rise to all type of life-style diseases which includes Obesity, Diabetes, Text neck, Hypertension, Stress Related Anxiety And Depression, Thyroid And Menses Related Problems, Eczema Or Dermatitis, Lichen Planus, Psoriasis Vulgaris, Hairfall, Skin Allergy And Allergies To Milk, Dust, Mites, Wheat And Perfumes Etc, Student’ Stress, I.B.S. (Ulcerative Colitis ),Rheumatoid Arthritis And Other Auto Immune as well as Hormonal Disorders And Diseases Etc.