Dry eyes occurs due to decreased secretion of tears in the eyes’ tear glands.
Types of Dry Eyes
It is of two types:
A. Primary: Where the problem is inherent and the tear glands secrete less amount of tears.
B. Secondary: Where the tear glands secrete less tears due to some systemic problem or auto-immune disease or some medications.
Symptoms of Dry Eyes:
06. Excessive tears
07. Blurred vision improving with blinking
08. Increased sensitivity to bright light
09. Sensation of speck in the eye
10. Pulling sensation behind the eye
11. Increased discomfort after reading, watching TV or working on the computer, driving
- Increased symptoms in dry weather and environment and better in humid weather and environment like rainy days and in the shower
- Hormonal changes during menstruation, pregnancy and menopause can cause dry eyes
- Antihistamines, sedatives, diuretics, Tricyclic antidepressants, phenothiazines, beta-blockers, nasal decongestants, atropine ,pain relieving opiates such as morphine and birth control pills can cause dry eyes
- Sjogrens’ syndrome
- Sensory denervation
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Wegeners’ Granulaomatosis
- Diabetics are at an increased risk of dry eyes
- Thermal or chemical burns
- Bulging eyes
- Drooping Eyelid
- LASIK ,refractive surgeries
- Vitamin A deficiency
- Diphtheric keratoconjunctivitis
Treatment for Dry Eyes:
Constantly blinking eyes while watching TV , working on the computer, etc
Wearing glasses or having a downward gaze while working on the computer can also help.
Research has proven that consumption of dark fleshed fish and omega-3 fatty acids causes decreased incidence of dry eyes in women.
Customized contact lenses like Boston Scleral lenses are known to help in the secretion of tears.
Surgeries like blocking tear drainage, punctual plugs and cauterization of punctii are performed to help the patients.
Homeopathy can play a vital role in addressing this disease and causing better secretion of tear glands.
Best Homeopathic Doctor & Treatment for Dry Eyes in India. Just Call at +91 7087462000 and make an appointment with Dr. Singhal Homeo, and get Homeopathic Treatment.