Migraine: What it is? Types of Migraine
Migraine is a symptom complex of periodic headaches which are usually unilateral (one sided) and often associated with nausea, vomiting, increased sensitivity to noise and light. The attack of migraine is usually preceded by constriction (narrowing) of the cranial vessels (blood vessels supplying the brain and skull) and the headache commences with dilatation of these blood vessels. The attacks of migraine tend to be recurrent and the severity of attacks usually decreases as the patient ages.
There are two main types of migraine:
- Migraine with Aura (Classic Migraine): This type of headache is characterized by neurological phenomenon (aura) that is experienced 10 to 30 minutes before the headache begins. Auras may be experienced as visual disturbances, hallucinations or even temporary loss of vision before the headache. . Some other common expressions of the aura may be in the form of giddiness, vertigo, tingling numbness in various parts of the body, weakness, difficulty in speech, etc. Auras are experienced due to the constriction of the cranial blood vessels prior to the commencement of the migraine.
- Migraine without Aura (Common Migraine): This is a common presentation and here the patient does not experience any aura (neurological phenomena) before the headache. Nausea and vomiting frequently accompany this kind of migraine. General fatigue and lethargy may be experienced before the headache begins.
There are some other types of Migraine which are not so common:
- Status migraine
Migraine Conventional Treatment
The following groups of drugs are commonly used to treat migraine:
Analgesics: Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen are the common drugs of choice to control the pain during the acute attack of migraine. These drugs must be taken at the onset of the pain. The patient has to be careful not to take excess of these drugs as they are not without any side effects.
Serotonin receptors and Ergot preparations are some other group of drugs that are used to control the pain. Some other drugs which are used as prophylactics are:
- Anti-seizure drugs
- Calcium channel blockers
- Tricyclic anti-depressants
These drugs help in reducing the frequency of attacks of migraine.
Certain auxilliary modes of treatment can be very helpful in bringing down the severity and frequency of the attacks. These could be in the form of:
- Stress reduction techniques such as Yoga, meditation, exercise
- Stress management by biofeedback and hypnosis
Prevention plays a very significant role in migraine management. It’s very important for the patient to monitor those factors which trigger off the headache such as certain foods, environmental changes, physical and emotional factors, etc. Avoidance of the triggers is essential for the long term control of migraine.
Treatment for Migraine
Migraine headache finds research proven and effective treatment using homeopathy. Dr Singhal Homeo’s clinical work has been well documented. Contrary to the the conventional treatment, which is governed by the use of painkillers, antispasmodics, more of symptomatic homeopathic treatment is targeted at the root level, which offers amazing results without side effects.
The Homeopathy Treatment for Migraine
The homeopathic treatment for Migraine is based on the individual case study of the patient’s disease, its causative factors, the genetic pattern, mindset, etc. The treatment plans thus designed is addressed towards correcting the psychosomatic pathways and genetic disposition, in turn treating migraine from within.
The duration of Treatment
The total length of treatment varies form case to case, depending of the following factors:
- Duration of Migraine
- Severity and frequency of attacks.
- Drug dependency on conventional medicines.
- General health and associated diseases.
Most patients receiving treatment observe improvement within eight weeks. The total length of medication may be between six months to one year or longer.
Why Homeopathy for Migraine?
The major benefits of homeopathy could be summarized as under:
- It addresses psychosomatic pathways hence gives deep-level healing
- It offers long-lasting cure instead of temporary relief.
- is absolutely harmless, safe and non-toxic.
Best Homeopathic Doctor & Treatment for Migraine in India. Just Call at +91 7087462000 and make an appointment with Dr. Singhal Homeo, and get Homeopathic Treatment.