Schizophrenia, also sometimes called split personality disorder, is one of the psychotic mental disorders and is characterized by symptoms of thought, behavior, and social problems.
Schizophrenia seems to result from a breakdown in the mental process by which we differentiate our inner self from the outside world. To a normal person, thinking, speaking and hearing are quite different subjective experiences, but in schizophrenia, this differentiation becomes blurred.
Prevalence of Schizophrenia
It is a chronic, severe, debilitating mental illness that affects about 1% of the population, corresponding to more than 2 million people in the United States alone.
It affects men about one and a half times more commonly than women.
- Disturbance in thinking : The thought problems associated with schizophrenia are described as irrelevant, in that the person’s thinking is completely out of touch with reality at times. Patient experience his thought being control by an external force.
- Disturbance of verbal behavior : The patient gives new meaning to words or coining new words, repeating words used in interview’s question, senseless repetition of words or phrases, linking of words without meaning.
- Disturbance of motor behavior: The individual who is schizophrenic having the following complaints which are usually observed by relatives and by himself for example stereotyped behavior, destructive behavior, criminal behavior , withdrawal behavior, excessive day dreaming.
- Disturbance of perception : The sufferer may hear voices or see people that are in no way present or feel like bugs are crawling on their skin when there are none.
- Disturbance of emotions: The patient has diminished intensity of emotional experience, inability to experience or imagine pleasant emotions, loss of empathy and simultaneous experiencing of two opposite types of feelings.
Causes of Schizophrenia
There is more than one reason why patients developed schizophrenia. Researchers and scientist are trying to find out more about biological, psychological and social factors which influence the development of schizophrenia. The following are all believed to play role in the occurrence of schizophrenia.
- Genetics and hereditary.
- Personality type.
- Social factors.
- Difficult circumstances like early loss of parent, parental poverty, bullying, witnessing parental violence, emotional, sexual or physical abuse, physical or emotional neglect etc.
|Sr No||Types of schizophrenia||Description|
|1.||Paranoid schizophrenia||Preoccupied with one or more visual or hearing delusions e.g. Someone following him or some body is plotting plan to harm him.|
|2.||Disorganized schizophrenia||Irrelevant speech and behavior.|
|3.||Catatonic schizophrenia||The person with this type of schizophrenia has stereotyped behavior, imitation of movements or gesture, withdrawn behavior and repeating what others say or do.|
|4.||Undifferentiated schizophrenia||This is characterized by episodes of delusions (false belief or opinion), hallucinations (the object or event so perceived), irrelevant speech or behavior, negative symptoms (destructive behavior).|
|5.||Residual schizophrenia||This kind of schizophrenia having social withdrawal, eccentric behavior, illogical thinking etc.|
Treatment of Schizophrenia
01 Conventional Teatment:
02 Homeopathic Treatment for Schizophrenia
Medicines are prescribed on the bases on the individual case analysis.
- Relief in your irrelevant thoughts, irrelevant behavior, irrelevant speech etc.
- Relief in delusions and hallucinations.
- Initially you have to continue conventional medicines as well, as sudden stoppage of it may lead to withdrawals symptoms.
- Need of the tranquillizers will reduced or you may even be able to taper it to stop eventually.
- Absolutely safe treatment without side effect.
Duration of the Treatment
The total duration of treatment varies from case to case, depending of the following factor-
- Severity of Schizophrenia.
- Duration of Schizophrenia.
- Types of Schizophrenia.
- Associated disorders such as paranoid state, obsessive trait etc.
- Current and previous medications.
Homeopathy for Schizophrenia
- It may work in early and mild cases
- It is based on deeper understanding of the patients mind set, his stress coping system and genetic tendency.
- It is free from side effects.
- It is not habit forming.
- It does not lead to drug dependency.
It may be noted that homeopathy does not work effectively in all cases of Schizophrenia, especially those that are chronic, severe and having drug-dependency. Homeopathy is not recommended in Schizophrenia, in our experience.
Best Homeopathic Doctor & Treatment for Schizophrenia in India. Just Call at +91 7087462000 and make an appointment with Dr. Singhal Homeo, and get Homeopathic Treatment.