Stevens–Johnson syndrome (SJS) is a type of severe skin reaction. It is rare but serious disorder of the skin mucous membranes characterized by inflammation of the mucous membrane leading to the red or purplish rash. It is the unwanted gift of conventional drugs such as Paracetamol, NSAD, etc.
Causes of Stevens – Johnson syndrome
The exact cause is not fully understood. However it is considered that it is a specific type of allergic reaction to medications or infections. Medications:
- Cox-2 inhibitors
- Sulfonamides or penicillin for infections
- Herpes (simplex or zoster)
Physical stimulus given by UV rays or radiation therapy.
Existing medical conditions which lower the immunity of the body for e.g. HIV or SLE increase the risk for this syndrome.
Carrying a gene called HLAB12 may make you susceptible to SJS.
Symptoms of Stevens – Johnson syndrome
- Facial swelling
- Tongue swelling
- Skin pain
- A red or purple skin rash that spreads
- Blisters on your skin and mucous membranes, especially in your mouth, nose and eyes
- Shedding (sloughing) of your skin
If you have Stevens-Johnson syndrome, several days before the rash develops, you may experience: Fever, Sore throat, Cough, Burning eyes.
- Clinical findings
- Secondary skin infections for example meningitis.
- Sepsis, when the bacteria travel through the blood stream throughout the body.
- Eye problems: When the rash involves the eye. This may lead to blindness as well in certain cases.
- Damage to internal organs: for e.g. the SJS can lead to severe inflammation of the kidneys (nephritis), lungs (pneumonitis) etc
- Permanent skin damage.
- To discontinue the medications causing this.
- Pain killers.
- Antibiotics to control infection.
- In severe cases immunoglobulin intravenous to halt the further process.
- Fluid replacement: loss of skin may lead to loss of fluids from the body.
- Skin grafting.
Homeopathic Treatment for Steven Johnson Syndrome
We have treated and documented some cases of Stevens – Johnson syndrome. We have recorded significant symptomatic relief in such cases. We would like to undertake and study more cases of Stevens – Johnson syndrome. Homeopathy is strongly recommended for Stevens – Johnson Syndrome.
Best Homeopathic Doctor & Treatment for Steven Johnsons Syndrome in India. Just Call at +91 7087462000 and make an appointment with Dr. Singhal Homeo, and get Homeopathic Treatment.