Tinea Corporis is also known as ringworm, tinea circinata, and tinea glabrosa it is a fungal infection of the arms and legs or it may occur any part of the body. It is similar to other form of tinea.
This infection tends to last for a very long time, for years at times; as it is difficult to get rid of this fungus.
Types of Tinea Corporis
- Tinea Capitis: Ringworm infection of scalp
- Tinea Barbae: Ringworm infection of beard area
- Tinea Pedis: Ringworm infection of foot
- Tinea Cruris: Ringworm infection of groin area
- Tinea Manus: Ringworm infection of hands and interdigital spaces
- Tinea Faciei: Ringworm infection of face except the beard area
- Tinea Unguium: Ringworm infection of nails
Tinea corporis is caused by a tiny fungus known as dermatophyte. These tiny organism lives on the superficial skin surface, when the opportunity is right, they can induce a rash or infection.
Following factors make one prone to develop fungal infection:
- Excessive sweating
- Poor hygiene
- Using contaminated personal care items (such as: clothing, combs, toothbrush etc.)
- It can also spread from pets (such as: cats, dogs, cows etc.)
- Red raised ring shaped eruption with clearer center
- The borders may appear scaly
- It is best diagnosed by any trained physician clinically.
- Skin scrapings of affected area for microscopic examination
Conventional Treatment of Tinea Corporis
- Antifungal creams – ketoconazole, oxiconazole, clotrimazole or miconazole
- Antifungal medication- The most commonly used antifungal medications are itraconazole and terbinafine. These medications are given in extensive cases and to prevent secondary infection.
Homeopathic Approach for the Treatment of Tinea Corporis
Homeopathy is effective for chronic Tinea corporis. However, as the disease gets older, it tends to get more resistant to any form of treatment. Also, once you use anti-fungal cream for many months or years, this infection becomes more resistant and difficult to treat. Homeopathy is strongly indicated for Tinea corporis.
Best Homeopathic Doctor & Treatment for Tenia Corporis in India. Just Call at +91 7087462000 and make an appointment with Dr. Singhal Homeo, and get Homeopathic Treatment.