Tinea versicolor is a fungal infection of skin which is mainly observed in children as well as in adults. Tinea versicolor is also known as pityriasis versicolor and it is caused by a type of yeast naturally lives in your skin. When the yeast grows out of control then it appear as a rash. It has a tendancy to stay on many months or even years.
This condition is commonly observed in people especially in tropical and subtropical countries such as India.
The infection can happen for any of the following reasons:
1. You have oily skin
2. You live in a hot climate
3. You sweat a lot
4. You have a weak immune system
It is caused by the fungus. The year or fungus by the name Pityrosporum ovale normally found on skin mainly on upper back and chest region.
Triggering and maintaining factor:
- Hot climate
- Excessive sweating
- It may cause loss of skin color (hypopigmentation) or increase in skin color (hyperpigmentation) macules with sharp edges and fine scales.
- Clinical presentation of the Tinea Versicolor
- Skin scrapings of affected area for microscopic examination
- Antifungal creams containing ketoconazole or miconazole or clotrimazole
- Selsun shampoo containing more than 1% selenium sulfide. It is normally applied to the skin and washed off after 10 minutes.
Homeopathic approach for the treatment of Tinea Versicolor
Homeopathy works extremely well in the cases of Tinea Versicolor. One may expect complete recovery. Some the commonly indicated medicines include Tellurium, Bacillinum, Sulphur, Psorinum, Natrum muriaticum. The right medicine is selected on the basis of patien’s individual symprtoms.
Best Homeopathic Doctor & Treatment for Tinea Versicolor in India. Just Call at +91 7087462000 and make an appointment with Dr. Singhal Homeo, and get Homeopathic Treatment.