A Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) is an infection that affects part of the urinary tract.When it affects the lower urinary tract it is known as a bladder infection (cystitis) and when it affects the upper urinary tract it is known as kidney infection.
Infection of any of the organs of the urinary tracts such as those of kidneys, Ureters (tube between kidney to bladder), urinary bladder, and urethra, may broadly be called as UTI. Specifically following terms are used: pyelonephritis or nephritis (infection – inflammation) of kidney; ureteritis (for ureters), cystitis (urinary bladder), urethritis (urethra). Pyelonephritis is generally the serious condition.
Causes of UTI
Urinary tract infection is most common in women affecting bladder and urethra.
Infection in bladder: It also known as cystitis mainly caused due to E-coli bacteria it mainly decent from the gastrointestinal tract as the urethra opening is close to the anal opening in female, bacteria travels and causes infection, commonly seen in the young sexually active women.
Infection in the urethra: It is also known as urethritis it is caused mainly due to sexual intercourse, as urethral proximity to the vagina sexually transmitted diseases like STDs, Gonorrhea, and Herpes simplex can also cause urethritis.
Symptoms and Signs
The symptoms are as follows:
- Cloudy or bloody urine, which may have a foul or strong odor.
- Low grade fever (not mandatory that everyone will have a fever).
- Constant pain or burning while urination.
- Cramping or sensation of pressure in the lower abdomen, occasionally in back.
- Frequent and Strong urge to urinate, even after the bladder has been emptied.
Diagnosis & Tests
A urine sample is usually collected to perform the following tests:
- Urinalysis : urine is examined to look for white blood cells, red blood cells, bacteria, and to test for certain chemicals, such as nitrites in the urine. Most of the time, your doctor or nurse can diagnose an infection using a urinalysis.
- Urine culture may be done to identify the bacteria in the urine.
- CBC (Complete blood count)
- Blood culture
- Sepsis (Blood infection) – risk is greater among the young, very old adults, and those with low immunity(for example, due to HIV or cancer chemotherapy)
- Kidney damage or scarring
- Kidney infection
Conventional Treatment for Urinary Tract Infection
Conventional treatment: For mild bladder and kidney infections, oral Antibiotics usually recommended because there is a risk that the infection can spread to the kidneys.
- For a simple bladder infection, oral antibiotics for 3 days (women) or 7 – 14 days (men). For a bladder infection with complications such as pregnancy or diabetes, or a mild kidney infection, usually antibiotics for 7 – 14 days is recommended.
- It is important that you finish all the antibiotics, even if you feel better. People who do not finish their antibiotics may develop an infection that is harder to treat.
Homeopathic Treatment for Urinary Tract Infection
For acute UTI: Homeopathy is effective for acute UTI in most cases. If there is no adequate response in symptoms and bacterial count in urine after 5 days of homeopathic treatment, and if the infection is very severer, it may be advised to opt for the conventional medicine.
For Recurrent UTI
Homeopathy has significant role to place especially in the cases of recurring UTI. As said earlier, recurrence of UTI is a common challenge and the conventional antibiotics have little role to prevent the recurrence. Homeopathy proves very effective in controlling, reducing the frequent attacks of UTI.
Your attending homeopathic physician may choose right medicine based on the symptoms. Some of the commonly indicated medicines include Sepia, Cantharis, Staphysagria, Mercurious solubus, Nitric acidum, etc.
Best Homeopathic Doctor & Treatment for Urinary Tract Infection in India. Just Call at +91 7087462000 and make an appointment with Dr. Singhal Homeo, and get Homeopathic Treatment.
Patient Testimonials for Urinary Tract Infection
Hi I am Karmjeet Bhatia from chandigarh .we believe in homeopathy from last 15 years because it’s safe and most affective for every disease. My family consult Dr. vikas Singhal everytime we need .This time I was suffering with urological problem which is called “Invountary urination and ENURESIS”. I was not able to control my urine and urge to go washroom frequently even at night time. I had to go for urination many times and used to feel restless all the day from last 2-3 months .I consulted my problem with Dr. Vikas Singhal and started Taking medicine. within a month after taking medicine I am completely fine . Thanks to Dr vikas Singhal ?So I recommend to consult Dr Vikas for all ur medical needs.He is best Homeopathic Dr in Chandigarh for all diseases.