Do you experience pain while brushing your teeth or while putting on makeup? This intense, stabbing, electric shock-like pain can be due to a condition called trigeminal neuralgia (TN). It is sometimes known as tic douloureux, which means ‘painful tic.’ Trigeminal neuralgia is caused by irritation of the trigeminal nerve, which starts at the ear and extends to the forehead, cheeks, & lower jaw. The pain is usually limited to one side (unilateral), but can affect both sides (bilateral) of the face & can be triggered by eating or brushing teeth. One of the causes of this may be a blood vessel causing pressure on the root of the trigeminal nerve. According to studies, women are more likely to experience TN than men. Among men, the ones who are beyond their 50s are more prone to developing this condition. Homeopathic Medicines for Trigeminal Neuralgia can controls the underlying nerve damage, thereby relieving the condition.
Mapping the Nerves
Learning about trigeminal neuralgia helps to know a little about how the affected nerves are laid out.
All 12 cranial nerves originate in the brain. They come in pairs & connect different body parts and organs to the brain. Trigeminal nerves split into three branches, each controlling a specific part of your face. They are:
- Ophthalmic Division: Controls your eye, upper eyelid, & forehead
- Maxillary Division: Controls your lower eyelid, cheek, nostril, upper lip, & upper gum
- Mandibular Division: It runs your jaw, lower lip & gum, and some muscles used for chewing.
Homeopathic Medicines for Trigeminal Neuralgia is effective in reducing the intensity & frequency of the pain.
Types of Trigeminal Neuralgia
There are two main types of trigeminal neuralgia:
- Type 1 (Typical) Trigeminal Neuralgia – You’ll likely experience sharp, intense, & sporadic pain episodes, if you are suffering from type-1 Trigeminal Neuralgia. Moreover, you may also experience pain and/or a burning sensation all over your face for a few seconds to two minutes. Despite pain-free breaks between episodes, this can continue for up to two hours.
- Type 2 (Atypical) Trigeminal Neuralgia – There will be less pain and intensity, but it will be more widespread. There will likely be constant pain, particularly stabbing and/or burning sensations, as well as persistent aches. There is a higher likelihood that you will not be able to control your symptoms in atypical trigeminal neuralgia.
After evaluating your case history, individualized Homeopathic Treatment For Trigeminal Neuralgia is prescribed.
Symptoms of Trigeminal Neuralgia
Homeopathic Medicines for Trigeminal Neuralgia help relieve the following symptoms for a pain-free and productive life. Some of the symptoms of TN are:
- Shooting pain along the nerve’s course
- Pain episodes may last from a few seconds to several minutes
- Pain can be triggered by touch, chewing, speaking, washing the face, shaving, eating, or drinking
- Pain might be intermittent at times
- If left untreated, these painful attacks may become more frequent over time
- Tingling & numbness may or may not be present
- Headache may or may not be present, along with the pain in the face
- The frequency & intensity of pain increase in a cold climate
Therein, Homeopathic Medicines for Trigeminal Neuralgia effectively manages the pain and other symptoms, both in unilateral and bilateral cases.
Triggers of Trigeminal Neuralgia
Certain movements/triggers may set off trigeminal neuralgia pain, such as:
- Applying makeup
- Brushing your teeth
- Encountering a breeze
- Touching and washing your face
Homeopathic Medicines for Trigeminal Neuralgia is recommended for effective treatment with no side effects.
Diagnosis of Trigeminal Neuralgia
It is crucial to diagnose TN early. Furthermore, trigeminal neuralgia can be caused by various factors, so different tests are used to diagnose it.
A doctor may suggest the following tests if you are experiencing some of the symptoms of a particular type of neuralgia:
- Blood tests to check for infections.
- X-rays, MRI scans, or CT scans to see if any nerves are being compressed.
- A neurological exam usually involves testing reflexes with specialized tools to determine which areas are affected.
Keeping notes of symptoms, such as when they began, how often they occur, & where the pain radiates, can help your doctor with a diagnosis.
Homeopathic Medicines for Trigeminal Neuralgia is safer compared to conventional medicines. When taken with proper medical consultation from a qualified homeopathic practitioner, Homeopathic Medicines for Trigeminal Neuralgia can help alleviate the symptoms & cure the root causes of this problem.
How can Homeopathic Treatment for Trigeminal Neuralgia Help?
Homeopathic Medicines for Trigeminal Neuralgia works by:
- Relieving the intensity of pain
- Increasing pain threshold
- Reducing the frequency & duration of attacks
- Controlling the underlying process of nerve damage
Why Dr. Singhal Homeo for Homeopathic Treatment of Trigeminal Neuralgia?
Dr. Vikas Singhal is among the most prominent advocates of Classical Homeopathy. His dedication to every case is equal. Moreover, he has gained fame across India and abroad for his expertise in treating rare and auto-immune disorders.
He has been practicing Homeopathy for more than 19 years at Dr. Singhal Homeo in Chandigarh. He has patients from various parts of the world like the USA, UK, Hong Kong, UAE, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, England, Canada, Singapore, and many more. Upon reviewing the patient’s diagnosis reports, symptoms, & medical history, Dr. Vikas provides individualized Homeopathic Medicines for Trigeminal Neuralgia. These medicines are made in our own pharmacy at Dr. Singhal Homeo, based on the instructions/recommendations of HPI (the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of India).
Depending on your preference, you can either consult with the doctor in person or online (over a voice or video call as required by the patient or the doctor). You can also opt for home delivery of your Homeopathic medicine for trigeminal neuralgia.
For further queries about Homeopathic Medicines for Trigeminal Neuralgia, call us at +91 7087462000 or WhatsApp at +91 9041111747 to schedule an appointment.