Dermatitis is a skin-related condition that is characterized by inflammation of Skin along with itch and redness. The inflammation produces pressure under the skin and averts adequate blood and oxygen from reaching the skin. The most common causes of this condition are redness, itching, swelling and lesions.
Dermatitis has 6 different types. As the appearance of most types of Dermatitis is almost similar; elevated plaques of bumpy, red skin as well as the distribution of the eruption can help in differentiating one type from another. The types of dermatitis are:
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Contact Dermatitis
- Stasis Dermatitis
- Seborrhoeic Dermatitis
- Perioral Dermatitis
- Neuro Dermatitis
Here is brief information given about these types that can help to distinguish one type from other…
- Atopic Dermatitis – One of the most common forms of dermatitis is atopic dermatitis. It is also called as eczema and has a genetic basis. Atopic dermatitis mostly develops during childhood and affects around 10 to 20% of children in developed countries, wile only 1 to 3% of adults. The rashes mostly occur on the cheeks, elbow and knee creases, neck and ankles.This form of dermatitis has become nearly three times as common in the United states over the last two or three decades. This condition mostly leads to red, dry and itchy skin that can crack, ooze fluid and form crusts, which can further give rise to thickened and scarred skin in affected areas.
- Contact Dermatitis – Contact dermatitis is another very common type of dermatitis. This condition generally refers to a skin reaction that mostly occurs on contact with a certain substance. This substance can be an irritant, which causes physical damage to the skin or can be an allergen, which triggers an immune reaction leading to skin symptoms. A perfect example of this would be poison ivy allergy.
- Stasis Dermatitis – The third common form of dermatitis is stasis dermatitis. The most common signs and symptoms of this type include a thickened and reddish skin on the ankles or shins, itching as well as swelling. Moreover, this condition also leads to open sores, which commonly result in oozing and crusting. Stasis dermatitis mainly occurs when varicose veins or any other circulatory condition lets fluids to accumulate in the lower legs, which results in swelling that produces pressure under the skin and prevents sufficient blood and oxygen from reaching the skin.
- Seborrheic Dermatitis – The nest form of dermatitis is Seborrheic dermatitis. This condition most commonly gives rise to itchy, greasy, flaking deposits of skin across the scalp, nose and ears. This condition is commonly termed cradle cap in newborn babies.
- Perioral Dermatitis – Perioral dermatitis is another type of dermatitis. This condition can be referred as a rash that gives rise to small, itchy, red bumps that mostly occurs around the mouth. The condition can affect both genders but it is most common in women. This condition can arise as a result of using cosmetics or dental products that mainly contain fluoride or topical corticosteroids.
- Neurodermatitis – The last type of dermatitis is Neurodermatitis. It can describe as an extremely itchy skin condition caused by irritation of the nerve endings beneath the skin. Repeated scratching of the affected skin area can ultimately give rise to thick and leathery looking skin.
Friends, as you all know very well that classical homeopathic medicines are prescribed only on the basis of TOTALITY OF SYMPTOMS with a clear cut identification of disease in patient and patient in disease also, even then we are providing here just a few homeopathic medicines for different types of medical problems in a short way.
But reader is advised very strongly to use the medicines only under medical supervision and these medicines should never ever consumed without proper consultation with your doctor or GP.
All types of ACUTE as well as CHRONIC COMPLEX diseases, (as described in this article) are being treated gently and harmoniously in our Singhal multispecialty homoeopathy clinic with best classical homoeopathy medicine available to us, by helping and correcting the internal immune system .
We, in our clinic treat all types of acute and chronic diseases and for this we are having best qualified homoeopathic doctors available with us.
As you all know that In this modern mobile and digital era, diseases are increasing day by day just because of our poor life style which includes improper nutrition with no exercise and working in high level of pollution as well as radiation ; this give rise to all type of life-style diseases which includes Obesity, Diabetes, Text neck, Hypertension, Stress Related Anxiety And Depression, Thyroid And Menses Related Problems, Eczema Or Dermatitis, Lichen Planus, Psoriasis Vulgaris, Hairfall, Skin Allergy And Allergies To Milk, Dust, Mites, Wheat And Perfumes Etc, Student’ Stress, I.B.S. (Ulcerative Colitis ),Rheumatoid Arthritis And Other Auto Immune as well as Hormonal Disorders And Diseases Etc.