Irritable Bowel Syndrome or IBS is one of the most common functional chronic gastrointestinal disorders. It affects the large intestine. IBS is diagnosed on the basis of symptoms present and not on any investigations. It identify that there will nothing wrong with the anatomy of the individual patient and there are no physical findings on any imaging tests or techniques.
A disorder of function which means that the bowel doesn’t work, as it should which is consider as Irritable Bowel Syndrome. If one visualize the bowel it appears without any structural changes. There is no test for bowel syndrome, its diagnosis made by excluding other diseases. IBS is also known by many names-mucous colitis, spastic colon, irritable colon and nervous colon.
TYPES OF IBS
- SPASTIC: Under spastic a person may pass through constipation and abdominal pain, which is most often left sided and relived by opening the bowels.
- FUNCTIONAL DIARRHOEA: It is characterized by attack of diarrhea, mostly in mornings. Firstly bowel movement is usually formed, followed by rush or watery motions.
- EXTRA-BOWEL MANIFESTATIONS: IBS may have other symptoms such as lethargy, backache or migraine which covers under extra-bowel manifestations.
CAUSES OF IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME
What causes these changes in the contraction pattern is not completely known but there are some factors that have been known to cause changes in the contraction pattern are mentioned here:
- FOODS: Some foods are likely to cause changes in the contraction pattern. These include chocolates, fatty food, spices, carbonated drinks and alcohol.
- STRESS: Stress has been known to increase IBS problem in almost all patients.
- SMOKING: Smoking also tends to cause the problem in those who have irritable bowel syndrome.
- HORMONAL CAUSES: Changes in hormones are also likely to aggravate the problem. More women are affected by irritable bowel syndrome as compared to men.
SYMPTOMS OF IBS
Symptoms in Women
Women are generally diagnosed with IBS during their pregnancy. Women who are facing problem of IBS are consider to be release more gynecologic disorders.
- Menstruation: According to most of women who are facing problem of IBS said that there symptoms vary according to their menstrual cycle. During their period of menses they have abdominal pain.
- Pregnancy: Most of women days that they experience heartburn, nausea and bowel movements during pregnancy.
- Sexual Relationships: Women with IBS experience a decrease in sexual desire.
Symptoms in Men
Men can’t express their IBS symptoms to doctor as compared to women. They don’t have exact data as compare to women. Men with IBS experience a problem with sexual intimacy. Likewise women, they also feel difficulty in work, home and social obligations. They also likely to suffer from depression.
- Abdominal pain
- Irregular pattern of defecation
- Altered stool frequency
- Bloating or feeling of abdominal distension.
- Change in bowel habit
- Weight loss
- Passing blood per rectum
Under homeopathy there are 2 scores of medicines that are used for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome. The appropriate medicine for each and every patient is selected on the basis of totality of the symptoms. Some of these symptoms may be unrelated to the disease. Each and every aspect of patient is considered while providing them medicine.
1. ARGENTUM NITRICUM: One of the best homeopathic medicine for the treatment of IBS is aregentum. Argentum is an effective medicine for person who is expressive, impulsive and claustrophobic or may have blood sugar problems.
2. ASAFOETIDA: Asafoetida remedy is for that person who has feeling of constriction all along the digestive tract. The person may have feeling of bubble is stuck in the throat, or that lump is moving up from the stomach.
3. COLOCYNTHIS: When cutting pains and cramping occur, making the person bend double and press on the abdomen for that colocynthis is indicated.
4. LILIUM TIGRINUM: lilium tigrinum is consider as best homeopathic medicine which indicates that the person may make through unsuccessful efforts to move the bowels all day. Person pass through constricting feelings are often felt in the chest. The person is likely to worst from excitement and emotions. May tend towards irritability.
5. LYCOPODIUM: This remedy is for people with chronic digestive discomforts and bowel syndromes. Heartburn and pain in stomach are common and the person may feel better from rubbing the abdomen.
6. NUX VOMICA: Bowel problems are accompanied by tension, chilliness and irritability can indicate a need for this remedy. Soreness in the muscles of abdominal wall and cramps are common. For those symptoms homeopathic nux vomica medicine is appropriate.
7. ALOE: This remedy treats irritable bowel syndrome. It includes symptoms such as-diarrhea, gas and inability to control the runs.
Friends, as you all know very well that classical homeopathic medicines are prescribed only on the basis of TOTALITY OF SYMPTOMS with a clear cut identification of disease in patient and patient in disease also, even then we are providing here just a few homeopathic medicines for different types of medical problems in a short way.
But reader is advised very strongly to use the medicines only under medical supervision and these medicines should never ever consumed without proper consultation with your doctor or GP.
All types of ACUTE as well as CHRONIC COMPLEX diseases, (as described in this article) are being treated gently and harmoniously in our singhal multispeciality homoeopathy clinic with best classical homoeopathy medicine available to us, by helping and correcting the internal immune system .
We, in our clinic treat all types of acute and chronic diseases and for this we are having best qualified homoeopathic doctors available with us.
As you all know that In this modern mobile and digital era, diseases are increasing day by day just because of our poor life style which includes improper nutrition with no exercise and working in high level of pollution as well as radiation ; this give rise to all type of life-style diseases which includes Obesity, Diabetes, Text neck, Hypertension, Stress Related Anxiety And Depression, Thyroid And Menses Related Problems, Eczema Or Dermatitis, Lichen Planus, Psoriasis Vulgaris, Hairfall, Skin Allergy And Allergies To Milk, Dust, Mites,Wheat And Perfumes Etc, Student’ Stress, I.B.S. (Ulcerative Colitis ),Rheumatoid Arthritis And Other Auto Immune as well as Hormonal Disorders And Diseases Etc.