What is Obesity?
Obesity can be defined as a condition, in which a person accumulates excessive body fat that can put a negative effect on his/her health.
To classify obesity in adults, Body mass index (BMI), which is a simple index of weight-for-height, is commonly used.
Why are the Causes of Obesity?
There many different reasons that can cause obesity among people. These factors are mainly related to some lifestyle choices made by people and these include:
1) Consuming a lot of Calories: People these days mainly eat junk food, which is generally full of calories. However, a lot of calorie intake can be a major reason behind causing obesity.
2) Having a Sedentary Lifestyle:
With the invention of number of electronic equipments like televisions, video games, computers, washing machines, dish washers etc., people have become habitual of leading a sedentary lifestyle, which is one of the main responsible factors behind making them obese.
3) Lack of Sleep: Scientific studies have shown that those who do not sleep enough are at more risk of becoming obese.
4) Certain Medications: Some researcher have indicated that obesity is associated with some commonly prescribed medicines as there are certain medications that cause weight gain.
What are the most Common Health Consequences Associated with Obesity?
Obesity can be a major risk factor for a number of non-communicable diseases, which mainly include:
• Cardiovascular diseases, especially heart diseases and stroke
• Musculoskeletal disorders, mainly osteoarthritis, which is the most common disease of the joints
• Certain cancers, like breast, endometrial, ovarian, liver, prostate, kidney, colon, and gallbladder.
How can Obesity be Reduced?
As obesity is a lifestyle disease, thus it is largely preventable. There are a number of things that an individual and society can do to get rid of condition.
On individual level, people should:
• Reduce their energy intake from fats and sugars
• Eat more fruits and vegetables, legumes, as well as whole grains and nuts
• Participate in a regular physical activity
However, individual responsibility can only be impacted properly if all people have a proper access to a healthy lifestyle. Hence, it is very important for society to support individuals in fulfilling their recommendations. However, it can only be done through constant functioning of evidence based and population based schemes that lead to easy availability of regular physical activities and healthier dietary options, reasonable and easily accessible to everyone, especially to the poor people. A perfect example of such type of a policy can be imposing a tax on sugar sweetened beverages.
Apart from an individual and society, the food industry can also play a key role in this context. Food industry can promote healthy diets by:
• Reducing the sugar, fat and salt content of processed foods
• Easy availability and affordability of healthy and nutritious choices for all consumers
• Restricting promotion of foods items that are high in salt, sugar and fat content, particularly for
children and teenagers
• Supporting the use of healthy food options and regular physical activities in the workplace.
Homeopathy for Obesity
Hundreds of people across the world rely on homeopathic medicine for their weight loss. Homeopathy can play a very important role in dealing with obesity. Homeopathic remedies are made from natural substances and are very effective for obesity as they aim at improving digestion and metabolic activities. These medicines are very safe as they are without any side effects.
Most Commonly Used Homeopathic Medicines for Obesity:
Ammonium Mur: Ammonium mur is one of the best homeopathic medicines. This medicine is generally recommended to those who have fat body, thin legs and large buttocks.
Lycopodium: This homeopathic medicine is very effective for those who gained excessive weight because of hypothyroidism. This medicine is very helpful in reducing weight.
Phytolacca: Phytolacca is one of the best homeopathic remedies and it is mainly given to those who are having excessive weight. It is very effective for people who experience throat dryness and difficulty in swallowing along with obesity.
Friends, as you all know very well that classical homeopathic medicines are prescribed only on the basis of TOTALITY OF SYMPTOMS with a clear cut identification of disease in patient and patient in disease also, even then we are providing here just a few homeopathic medicines for different types of medical problems in a short way.
But reader is advised very strongly to use the medicines only under medical supervision and these medicines should never ever consumed without proper consultation with your doctor or GP.
All types of ACUTE as well as CHRONIC COMPLEX diseases, (as described in this article) are being treated gently and harmoniously in our singhal multispeciality homoeopathy clinic with best classical homoeopathy medicine available to us, by helping and correcting the internal immune system .
We, in our clinic treat all types of acute and chronic diseases and for this we are having best qualified homoeopathic doctors available with us.
As you all know that In this modern mobile and digital era, diseases are increasing day by day just because of our poor life style which includes improper nutrition with no exercise and working in high level of pollution as well as radiation ; this give rise to all type of life-style diseases which includes Obesity, Diabetes, Text neck, Hypertension, Stress Related Anxiety And Depression, Thyroid And Menses Related Problems, Eczema Or Dermatitis, Lichen Planus, Psoriasis Vulgaris, Hairfall, Skin Allergy And Allergies To Milk, Dust, Mites,Wheat And Perfumes Etc, Student’ Stress, I.B.S. (Ulcerative Colitis ),Rheumatoid Arthritis And Other Auto Immune as well as Hormonal Disorders And Diseases Etc.
Patient Testimonials for Obesity
I had an amazing experience of treatment of my Obesity problem.I had visited various doctors but I can’t get good results. When I visited Dr Vikas Singhal I get good results. He is very Compassionate, very Knowledgeable and Informative. Thanx to Dr Vikas Singhal.