Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is an infection of the female reproductive organs. The pelvis is in the lower abdomen and comprised of the cervix, the fallopian tubes, the ovaries, and the uterus. This disease is mostly caused by bacteria from sexually transmitted infections. However, in some cases this infection is caused by normal bacteria found in the vagina.
The Signs And Symptoms of PID
A lot of women mostly do not realize that they have Pelvic inflammatory disease, as they do not experience any signs or symptoms. Nevertheless, symptoms of PID can be mild or more serious and they mostly include:
- Lower abdomen pain
- High fever
- Vaginal discharge
- Pain while having sexual intercourse
- Painful urination
- Irregular menstruation cycle
- Pain in the upper right abdomen
Causes And Risk Factors Of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
Though there are a number of bacteria that can cause PID, but chlamydia or gonorrhea infections are the most common among them. These bacteria are mostly transmitted during unprotected sexual intercourse.
Moreover, in very few cases, bacteria can enter your reproductive tract in case if the usual barrier created by the cervix is disturbed, which can happen after miscarriage, childbirth or abortion.
PID mostly affects the women in between 15 to 24 years old. However, the risk of getting PID is higher among those, who:
- have had an STI
- have had PID before
- are under 25 years of age and have sex.
- have multiple sexual partners
- Douche, as it can transmit bacteria into the reproductive organs.
- recently had an intrauterine device (IUD) inserted.
Diagnosis Of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
Doctors generally diagnose pelvic inflammatory disease on the basis of a number of factors that include – analyzing signs and symptoms, a pelvic exam, urine tests or by an examination of vaginal discharge and cervical cultures.
During the pelvic exam, firstly the doctors generally examine the pelvic region for signs and symptoms. After that, doctor may use cotton swabs to collect samples from the cervix and vagina. The samples will then be analyzed at a lab to verify the organism behind the infection.
Finally to confirm the diagnosis or to decide how widespread the infection is, the doctor may recommend you some other tests as well like blood and urine tests, ultrasound and laparoscopy.
Treatments For Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
Treatments for pelvic inflammatory disease mainly include:
- Antibiotics: Initially the doctor may prescribe a combination of antibiotics, which he might adjust after receiving your lab test results to better match with what’s causing the infection. A regular follow up session with your doctor is very important to make sure the treatment is working properly. However, antibiotics can help prevent severe complications but can’t reverse any damage.The majority women with this disease only need outpatient treatment. Nevertheless, in case if you are very ill, pregnant or haven’t responded well to medications, you may need hospitalization.In most of the cases, surgery is not very much necessary. However, one might need surgery if she doesn’t respond well to antibiotic medications or in case of a doubtful diagnosis, for instance, for those cases where one or more of the signs or symptoms of this disease are absent.
Homeopathic Treatment For Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
Homeopathic remedies offer immediate relief from symptoms of pelvic inflammatory disease. These medicines are very well equipped to quickly eradicate the infection. Homeopathic remedies not only help the body fights the disease but are also very effective when used following an attack in order to prevent a recurrence.
Most commonly used homeopathic remedies for pelvic inflammatory disease:
- Apis: This homeopathic medicine is very effective in those cases when there is soreness in the region of right ovary along with the sensations like burning and stinging.
- Belladonna: This is one of the most ideal homeopathic remedies generally recommended when the abdomen of a patient is swollen and the patient is also sensitive to pain and touch.
- Lachesis: Lachesis is one another very effective homeopathic remedy which is mostly given to patients suffering from PID and experience sensations and pain in the left ovary.
- Palladium: This homeopathic remedy is very useful in reducing the enduring pain and swelling in the right ovary of patients suffering from PID. This medicine also lessens soreness occurring from navel to the pelvis.
Friends, as you all know very well that classical homeopathic medicines are prescribed only on the basis of TOTALITY OF SYMPTOMS with a clear cut identification of disease in patient and patient in disease also, even then we are providing here just a few homeopathic medicines for different types of medical problems in a short way.
But reader is advised very strongly to use the medicines only under medical supervision and these medicines should never ever consumed without proper consultation with your doctor or GP.
All types of ACUTE as well as CHRONIC COMPLEX diseases, (as described in this article) are being treated gently and harmoniously in our Singhal multispecialty homoeopathy clinic with best classical homoeopathy medicine available to us, by helping and correcting the internal immune system .
We, in our clinic treat all types of acute and chronic diseases and for this we are having best qualified homoeopathic doctors available with us.
As you all know that In this modern mobile and digital era, diseases are increasing day by day just because of our poor life style which includes improper nutrition with no exercise and working in high level of pollution as well as radiation ; this give rise to all type of life-style diseases which includes Obesity, Diabetes, Text neck, Hypertension, Stress Related Anxiety And Depression, Thyroid And Menses Related Problems, Eczema Or Dermatitis, Lichen Planus, Psoriasis Vulgaris, Hairfall, Skin Allergy And Allergies To Milk, Dust, Mites, Wheat And Perfumes Etc, Student’ Stress, I.B.S. (Ulcerative Colitis ),Rheumatoid Arthritis And Other Auto Immune as well as Hormonal Disorders And Diseases Etc.