Vitiligo is a long term distressing skin condition signalize by patches of the skin losing their pigment due to the gradual loss of cells known as melanocytes. The patches of skin affected become clearly white with sharp edges. Even the hair from the skin can also turn into white colour.
The patches mostly start appearing on areas of skin that are more exposed to the sun. It is more evident in people having dark skin. Vitiligo can give rise to psychological stress and those affected may be stigmatized.
Researches have shown that Vitiligo is a multifactorial disease. Genetic susceptibility and environmental factors both collectively play a key role in causing this condition. Some of the other factors that make people more prone to this condition include:
- Environmental factors: A lot of people develop this disorder in their twenties; however, it can arise at any age. People of all races and both genders can get affected by vitiligo equally. However, in majority of cases, it is more noticeable in people having dark complexion.
- Autoimmune diseases: Although researchers do not have any strong evidence why this disorder is associated with autoimmune diseases, but people affected with some autoimmune diseases like hyperthyroidism are at more risk to get vitiligo as compared to those who do not have any autoimmune diseases.
- Genetic susceptibility: This disease might also run in families. Those kids whose parents have vitiligo are more likely to develop vitiligo. However, generally children will not get it even if one parent has it.
- Nutritional deficiencies: Many studies have shown that this condition can be develop in people with nutritional deficiencies, which are mostly caused by taking a wrong diet comprising of denatured foods such as white sugar, white flour and some tinned products which are low in nutrients.
- Other external triggers: Some other external triggers like sunburn, skin injury, mental distress and some physical illness can also play a major role in causing Vitiligo.
How People Can Diagnose They Have Vitiligo Or Not?
People can easily diagnose they have Vitiligo or not by keeping a check on the following characteristics of this condition.
- The lone sign of vitiligo is the presence of pale patchy areas of de-pigmented skin which likely to arise
on the extremities.
- Initially the patches are mostly very small, but generally grow and change their shape.
- In case of skin lesions, they are most prominent on the face, wrists and hands. The loss of skin pigmentation is mostly visible around body orifices, like eyes, mouth, genitalia, nostrils and umbilicus.
- Some lesions have augmented skin pigment around the edges.
- Those affected by Vitiligo generally feel intolerance to sunlight.
- People affected by vitiligo might also experience depression and other mood disorders as well.
Friends, as you all know very well that classical homeopathic medicines are prescribed only on the basis of TOTALITY OF SYMPTOMS with a clear cut identification of disease in patient and patient in disease also, even then we are providing here just a few homeopathic medicines for different types of medical problems in a short way.
But reader is advised very strongly to use the medicines only under medical supervision and these medicines should never ever consumed without proper consultation with your doctor or GP.
All types of ACUTE as well as CHRONIC COMPLEX diseases, (as described in this article) are being treated gently and harmoniously in our Singhal multispecialty homoeopathy clinic with best classical homoeopathy medicine available to us, by helping and correcting the internal immune system .
We, in our clinic treat all types of acute and chronic diseases and for this we are having best qualified homoeopathic doctors available with us.
As you all know that In this modern mobile and digital era, diseases are increasing day by day just because of our poor life style which includes improper nutrition with no exercise and working in high level of pollution as well as radiation ; this give rise to all type of life-style diseases which includes Obesity, Diabetes, Text neck, Hypertension, Stress Related Anxiety And Depression, Thyroid And Menses Related Problems, Eczema Or Dermatitis, Lichen Planus, Psoriasis Vulgaris, Hairfall, Skin Allergy And Allergies To Milk, Dust, Mites, Wheat And Perfumes Etc, Student’ Stress, I.B.S. (Ulcerative Colitis ),Rheumatoid Arthritis And Other Auto Immune as well as Hormonal Disorders And Diseases Etc.