Optic neuritis is inflammation or swelling of the optic nerve which is the nerve supplying the eye from the brain that may cause complete or partial blindness. It destroys the outer lining or sheath of the nerve.
- Multiple Sclerosis, almost 50% of the patients with multiple sclerosis develop this disease
- Herpes Zoster virus
- Autoimmune disorders like Systemic Lupus Erythematosus.
- Chloremphenicol, an antibiotic used to treat typhoid
- Inflammation of blood vessels supplying the nerve
- Ethambutol, an anti-tubercular drug
- Sudden blurred vision
- Loss of colored vision
- Pain in the eye
It affects young individuals predominantly in the age group of 30-35 years and females are more commonly affected then men. It is a self limiting disease and resolves on its own within 2-3 weeks unless the person is suffering from some auto-immune disorder like multiple sclerosis.
Homeopathy Treatment for Neuritis
Homeopathy has good scope in cases with early diagnosis and can prevent blindness.
Best Homeopathic Doctor & Treatment for Neuritis in India. Just Call at +91 7087462000 and make an appointment with Dr. Singhal Homeo, and get Homeopathic Treatment.