Ankylosing spondylitis (AS) is one of the chronic inflammatory and degenerative diseases of the bones and joints, which affects the spine.
Ankylosing spondylitis primarily affects the joints of the vertebrae in the spinal column, and those of the pelvis -the sacroiliac joints. It can also affect other body parts, but mostly, the disease itself is directly related to the spinal bones. The disease is found to affect people in the age group between 16 to 40 years. Homeopathic medicine for ankylosing spondylitis offers effective treatment and improvement from the condition. Treatment of Ankylosing spondylitis in Homeopathy requires proper consultation with a qualified and experienced Homeopath.
Ankylosing spondylitis can be easily identified and understood as under:
- Ankylosing spondylitis is an arthritis condition that causes chronic inflammation and degeneration of the spine.
- Ankylosing spondylitis is a cause of persistent back-pain in adolescents, and the youth.
- Ankylosing spondylitis is also thought to be genetically inherited.
- Most of the patients are found to have the HLA-B27 gene that can be found using blood tests.
- It is found to affect the eyes, lungs, heart, and kidneys also.
- Immunosuppressants and anti-inflammatory medicines are the drugs of choice for the treatment of Ankylosing spondylitis.
- Physiotherapy and including regular exercise in the routine are also beneficial in the management of Ankylosing spondylitis.
- Homeopathy has proven to be a boon for patients suffering from this disease and have a significantly higher success rate compared to conventional medicine systems.
Which Body Parts are Affected by Ankylosing Spondylitis?
The site of Ankylosing spondylitis is mainly the joints where the sacrum meets with the iliac bones. The sacrum is located directly above the tailbone, and the iliac bones are the bones on either side of the hips. Pathology of the disease includes chronic inflammation in these parts which ultimately leads to the fusion of the vertebrae. This is termed ‘ankylosis’. In severe cases, the vertebrae may get completely fused which causes a permanent loss of flexibility.
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Reactive Arthritis
- Arthritis associated with Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
Causes of Ankylosing Spondylitis
For Ankylosing spondylitis treatment by Homeopathy, it’s important to understand the causes of the disease. Ankylosing spondylitis is considered an autoimmune disease. Genetics is another critical factor involved in the development of Ankylosing spondylitis.
Genetics is the main cause in 90% of the patients, which is confirmed by the HLA-B27 marker blood test. According to the latest study, two other genes have been found to be associated with Ankylosing spondylitis. These genes are -ARTS1 and IL23R.
Primarily Ankylosing spondylitis is considered to be caused by Autoimmunity. Autoimmunity itself may be linked to genetics.
3. Prolonged stressful situation
A person suffering from long term stress, has a higher chance of developing the disease, as stress could trigger certain genetic factors responsible for Ankylosing spondylitis.
4. Bacterial infections
A bacterial infection is also known to triggering the Ankylosing spondylitis.
Symptoms of Ankylosing Spondylitis
The most significant symptoms of Ankylosing spondylitis are a pain in the lower back, painful stiffness, and immobility in the back. The common symptoms of Ankylosing spondylitis are as follows:
- Fatigue associated with active inflammation.
- Stiffness, and pain in the lower back, upper parts of the buttocks, neck, and parts of the spine.
- Gradual onset of pain worsening over months.
- Problems of pain and stiffness are generally relieved by movement, heat, and a warm bath in the morning.
- The pain usually worsens in the morning.
- The whole spine is fused in chronic cases, in which the pain may be gone, but the bones become fragile.
- The upper torso may be curved forward, resulting in breathing problems as it compresses the thorax and thus, the lungs.
- Patients who suffer from Ankylosing spondylitis, often suffer from arthritis of other bones of the body like causing pain, stiffness, warmth, and swelling of the joints.
- Stiffness and pain in the back of the heel.
- Redness and pain in the eye when exposed to bright light.
- Kidney problems associated with Ankylosing spondylitis may require dialysis in the patient.
Ankylosing Spondylitis Diagnosis & Tests
Once the problem is diagnosed, Homeopathic medicine for ankylosing spondylitis can help treat Ankylosing spondylitis effectively.
The most common routine investigations for Ankylosing spondylitis are as follows:
- An X-Ray of the lumbosacral spine part.
- MRI of the spine
- Blood test for the confirmation of HLA-B27 presence.
- Blood tests for Rheumatoid arthritis and Anti-nuclear antibodies, which are necessary to rule out the possibility of Rheumatoid arthritis.
- A routine blood test like CBE, and ESR.
A physical evaluation may show:
Stooped posture and persistent pain.
Decreased flexibility in the spine and inability to maintain posture.
Decreased vital capacity of the lungs due to the pressure caused by a bowed posture.
Treatment for Ankylosing Spondylitis
In Homeopathy, Ankylosing spondylitis treatment is easily available from Dr. Singhal Homeo.
The problem mostly affects young people, which requires a long-lasting treatment of Ankylosing spondylitis in homeopathy to control the progression of and provide symptomatic relief in the patient. Moreover, the dependency of the patient on chemical-based medicines can be cut off, using Homeopathic medicine for Ankylosing spondylitis. These medicines are safe for the body, have almost negligible to no side effects at all. The success rate of Ankylosing spondylitis treatment in Homeopathy is higher than the conventional treatment.
The management of Ankylosing spondylitis included medicines, diet-modification, physiotherapy, and exercise.
Homeopathic medicine for Ankylosing spondylitis may be different for different people. Therefore for Ankylosing spondylitis treatment in Homeopathy, medicine is prescribed after a thorough evaluation of the individual.
Homeopathic medicine for Ankylosing spondylitis work by reducing pain, improving mobility, and checking the progression of the disease.
Patient’s Testimonial for Ankylosing Spondylitis
Why homeopathy for Ankylosing spondylitis?
There are many benefits of using Homeopathic medicine for Ankylosing spondylitis, which can be summarized as under:
- It corrects the defective immune system, thereby targeting the roots of the disease.
- It provides relief from the pain without causing adverse side effects.
- It controls the disease with minimal doses of the medicine, is safe for the body and the organs, even when used for a long time.
It is a progressive disease of the spine, and other joints; leading to severe discomforts among the patients, often posing severe threats to life, if ignored or untreated.
Ankylosing Spondylitis requires a strategic, and aggressive treatment including frequent follow-ups for keeping a track of the progress.
Ankylosing spondylitis treatment in Homeopathy is recommended as it is a progressive disease of the spine and other joints. It can lead to life-threatening complications if not untreated in time.
Ankylosing spondylitis treatment in Homeopathy requires a strategic and aggressive treatment including frequent follow-ups while keeping a track of the progress from the very beginning. Dr. Singhal Homeo and his team of doctors have treated hundreds of cases using Homeopathic medicine for Ankylosing spondylitis. Timely Homeopathy treatment helps to improve the life quality of the patient significantly.
Best Homeopathic Doctor & treatment for Ankylosing Spondylitis in India. Just Call at +91 7087462000 and make an appointment with Dr. Singhal Homeo, and get Homeopathic Treatment.