What Are Corns?
Corns are hard, thickened areas of skin due to abnormal pressure or friction on the skin. These usually occur on the tops and sides of the toes. A hard corn is a small patch of thickened, dead skin with a small plug of skin in the centre. Corns are also known as helomas or clavi.
Corns are mostly of two types- soft corns and seed corns. A soft corn usually has a much thinner surface and it mostly occurs between the toes. While, seed corns are clusters of tiny corns. These corns can be very tender if they occur on a weight-bearing part of the foot. Seed corns are most likely to occur on the bottom of the feet.
What Causes Corns To Develop?
Corns occur as a natural defence system that strengthens the skin in case of friction or excessive pressure. Unusual anatomy of the feet, including foot deformities like hammertoe or other toe deformities, can result in corn formation. Moreover, footwear’s that are too short or too tight or that exert friction at certain points are also a widespread cause of skin thickening that leads to corns. Other than that, abnormalities in gait or movement that result in increased pressure to particular areas can also be a possible cause.
What Are The Various Symptoms And Signs Of Corns?
Corns simply means thickening of the skin. Hence, corns are:
- hardened, thick areas of skin
- rounded or conical and can appear as a bump on the skin
- dry, scaly, or flaky
- painful, corns lead to foot pain if they obstruct walking or other activity
What Is The Diagnosis Of Corns?
The diagnosis of corns can be easily made by observing the characteristic changes in the skin. No specialized tests are necessary.
What Are Treatments For Corns?
Corns can be treated with numerous types of medicated products to chemically cut down the thickened, dead skin. There are number of products available for use as home remedies. These all products composed of the same active ingredient, i.e. salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is the ingredient that is used in over-the-counter wart-removal products.
Salicylic acid is a keratolytic, hence it dissolves the keratin (protein) that give rise to both the corn and the thick layer of dead skin which generally tops it. Salicylic acid products are gentle and are safe for the most of people.
Homeopathic Treatment For Corns
Homeopathy is the best treatment option for corns. Corns can easily be cured with homeopathic medicines. The major benefit of the homeopathic treatment for corns is that it is very easy to take. One can take the homeopathic medicines/ pills on the go. As homeopathic remedies for corns are all prepared from naturally occurring substances, thus these medicines do not have any side effects at all.
Most Commonly Used Homeopathic Remedies For Corns
- Antim Crudum: Antim Crudum is one of the most commonly used homeopathic remedies for corns. It is most effective for corns on the feet. In these cases, the soles of the feet are mostly covered with corns. There is severe pain in the soles of feet and hence it makes walking very difficult.
- Sulphur: it is one of the best homeopathic medicines for those cases where there is burning pain in the soles of the feet and also the corns. The burning is generally more in the warmth of bed. Painful corns can be treated very quickly with Sulphur.
- Silicea: Silicea is another one of the best Homeopathic medicines for corns. It is very effective remedy for soft corns that mainly appear between the toes. Silicea is a natural remedy and therefore, it is very safe.
- Lycopodium: This is one of the most effective homeopathic medicines for corns with pressing pain. In these cases, there is aching pain in the affected area. Moreover, there can be burning or drawing pain as well. However, the most characteristic pain of Lycopodium is pressing pain.
Friends, as you all know very well that classical homeopathic medicines are prescribed only on the basis of TOTALITY OF SYMPTOMS with a clear cut identification of disease in patient and patient in disease also, even then we are providing here just a few homeopathic medicines for different types of medical problems in a short way.
But reader is advised very strongly to use the medicines only under medical supervision and these medicines should never ever consumed without proper consultation with your doctor or GP.
All types of ACUTE as well as CHRONIC COMPLEX diseases, (as described in this article) are being treated gently and harmoniously in our Singhal multispecialty homoeopathy clinic with best classical homoeopathy medicine available to us, by helping and correcting the internal immune system .
We, in our clinic treat all types of acute and chronic diseases and for this we are having best qualified homoeopathic doctors available with us.
As you all know that In this modern mobile and digital era, diseases are increasing day by day just because of our poor life style which includes improper nutrition with no exercise and working in high level of pollution as well as radiation ; this give rise to all type of life-style diseases which includes Obesity, Diabetes, Text neck, Hypertension, Stress Related Anxiety And Depression, Thyroid And Menses Related Problems, Eczema Or Dermatitis, Lichen Planus, Psoriasis Vulgaris, Hairfall, Skin Allergy And Allergies To Milk, Dust, Mites, Wheat And Perfumes Etc, Student’ Stress, I.B.S. (Ulcerative Colitis ),Rheumatoid Arthritis And Other Auto Immune as well as Hormonal Disorders And Diseases Etc.