Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a disorder, which affects the large intestine. Signs and Symptoms of IBS generally include abdominal pain, cramping, gas, bloating, and diarrhea or constipation.
The influence of an IBS diet is unique to each person as there is not a particular dietary advice that can prove effective for everyone.
A doctor may ask you to provide your brief dietary history to recognize dietary or other factors that might impact symptoms. In such cases, keeping a diary to keep a track record of 2–3 weeks of dietary intake, symptoms, and any other associated factors can prove quite helpful.
Those people with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), who get benefit just by making some simple dietary modifications, can adjust their diet and reduce consumption of the offending food. However, they should not unnecessarily limit diets as this can result in reduced quality of life or even malnutrition.
Some important tips for managing IBS diet:
- Eating smaller meals or smaller portions can prove helpful in reducing bowel syndrome (IBS) symptoms. Large meals might lead to cramping and diarrhea if you are experiencing IBS. Try eating smaller meals that are spread throughout your day. Rather than having 3 meals, try to have 5 or 6 regularly scheduled small meals.
- Eating foods that are high in carbohydrates and quite low in fat, including pasta, whole-grain breads and cereals, rice, vegetables and fruits, can also help in dealing with IBP.
- Avoid having food that over-stimulates gut, such as large meals or high fat foods. If you face constipation, always try to make sure you eat your breakfast, as it mostly stimulates the colon and give you a bowel movement.
- Fiber can be beneficial in improving constipation symptoms that are caused by IBS as it makes stool soft and easier to pass. Certain food items with Fiber include whole-grain breads and cereals, fruits, vegetables and beans. However, though fiber might help in constipation, but it might not reduce the abdominal discomfort or pain associated with IBS. Even, in some cases, people with IBS might experience more abdominal uneasiness after having more fiber in their diet. Hence, it is always recommended to add foods with fiber in your diet a little at a time to allow your body to get used to them.
- If a certain food item is causing a problem, try to eliminate it from your diet for about 12 weeks. If there will be no change after this time period, go back to eating it.
What To Avoid Eating To Get Rid Of Ibs Symptoms
Try to avoid certain foods or drinks that can make symptoms worse, these include:
- Foods high in fat
- Some dairy products
- Drinks with alcohol or caffeine
- Drinks with large amounts of artificial sweeteners
- Beans, Cabbage, and other foods that may cause gas
The foods most likely to cause IBS problems include:
- Cereal fiber
Always try to eat a healthy diet to deal with IBS. If food is a big problem for you, talk to your doctor to construct a meal plan that’s best for you.
Friends, as you all know very well that classical homeopathic medicines are prescribed only on the basis of TOTALITY OF SYMPTOMS with a clear cut identification of disease in patient and patient in disease also, even then we are providing here just a few homeopathic medicines for different types of medical problems in a short way.
But reader is advised very strongly to use the medicines only under medical supervision and these medicines should never ever consumed without proper consultation with your doctor or GP.
All types of ACUTE as well as CHRONIC COMPLEX diseases, (as described in this article) are being treated gently and harmoniously in our Singhal Multispecialty Homoeopathy Clinic with best classical homoeopathy medicine available to us, by helping and correcting the internal immune system .
We, in our clinic treat all types of acute and chronic diseases and for this we are having qualified and Experienced Homoeopathic Doctor available with us.
As you all know that In this modern mobile and digital era, diseases are increasing day by day just because of our poor life style which includes improper nutrition with no exercise and working in high level of pollution as well as radiation ; this give rise to all type of life-style diseases which includes Obesity, Diabetes, Text neck, Hypertension, Stress Related Anxiety And Depression, Thyroid And Menses Related Problems, Eczema Or Dermatitis, Lichen Planus, Psoriasis Vulgaris, Hairfall, Skin Allergy And Allergies To Milk, Dust, Mites, Wheat And Perfumes Etc, Student’ Stress, I.B.S. (Ulcerative Colitis ),Rheumatoid Arthritis And Other Auto Immune as well as Hormonal Disorders And Diseases Etc.