Mouth ulcers, also called Aphthous ulcers, are sores appearing in the mouth, mostly inside of the cheeks, that can be quite painful while drinking, eating, or brushing teeth.
Mostly mouth ulcers are harmless and clear up on their own but if these sores persist more than 3 weeks, medical advice is necessary.
Types Of Mouth Ulcer
Mouth ulcers differ in size. Even the symptoms of this also depend on the type of ulcer a person has. There are three main types of mouth ulcer, that includes:
- Minor Ulcers: Minor ulcers are nearly 2-8mm in diameter and mostly heal within 10 days to 2 weeks.
- Major Ulcers: These ulcers are quite bigger and deeper and mostly have an irregular or raised border. Major ulcers can take many weeks to clear up and mostly leave a scar in the mouth.
- Herpetiform Ulcers: This type of ulcer is a cluster of many of smaller sores that have a size of pinheads.
Symptoms Of Mouth Ulcer
Mouth ulcers can cause a great pain that can be aggravated by drink, food and poor oral hygiene. The systems of mouth ulcers vary depending on the type of ulcers.
Signs and symptoms of minor and major ulcers mostly include:
- Presence of one or more painful sores that might appear on the roof of the mouth, the cheeks, or the tongue.
- The appearance of round lesions with red edges and are mostly white, yellow or gray in the middle.
Symptoms of Herpetiform ulcers mostly include:
- These ulcers recur very quickly, so infections seem continuous
- Keep increasing in size, resulting in a large, ragged ulcer
- They are more common among females and in older adults.
Causes Of Mouth Ulcer
The exact cause of mouth ulcers is unknown and is mostly varies from case-to-case. However, still there are many common causes and factors that might result in mouth ulcers, which mostly include:
- Quitting smoking
- Citrus fruits and certain other foods that are high in acidity or spice
- Poor-fitting dentures, braces or any other apparatus that might rub against the gums and mouth
- Stress or anxiety
- Hormonal changes (during pregnancy, puberty, and menopause)
- Certain medications such as beta-blockers and pain killers
- Genetic factors
- A nutritional deficiency
- Celiac or Crohn’s disease
- A weakened immune system
The Treatment For Mouth Ulcers
In a number of cases, the pain and discomfort associated with mouth ulcers can get lessen in just a few days and then can get clear up in around 2 weeks without any need for treatment.
However, for those cases where people face a severe pain or frequent recurrence of mouth ulcers; a dentist might recommend a solution to lessen swelling and reduce pain.
Moreover, a dentist might also prescribe an ointment or an antimicrobial mouthwash to be applied directly to the infected patch.
Homeopathic Treatment Of Ulcers
Homeopathic mode of treatment provides an effective treatment for mouth ulcers. With the help of a well selected Homeopathic medicine, this problem can be resolved completely within a few months. Homeopathic treatment for mouth ulcers vary from person to person. As Homeopathic medicines for mouth ulcers are prepared from naturally occurring substances, thus they are very safe for use and show very promising results.
Friends, as you all know very well that classical homeopathic medicines are prescribed only on the basis of TOTALITY OF SYMPTOMS with a clear cut identification of disease in patient and patient in disease also, even then we are providing here just a few homeopathic medicines for different types of medical problems in a short way.
But reader is advised very strongly to use the medicines only under medical supervision and these medicines should never ever consumed without proper consultation with your doctor or GP.
All types of ACUTE as well as CHRONIC COMPLEX diseases, (as described in this article) are being treated gently and harmoniously in our Singhal Multispecialty Homoeopathy Clinic with best classical homoeopathy medicine available to us, by helping and correcting the internal immune system .
We, in our clinic treat all types of acute and chronic diseases and for this we are having qualified and Experienced Homoeopathic Doctor available with us.
As you all know that In this modern mobile and digital era, diseases are increasing day by day just because of our poor life style which includes improper nutrition with no exercise and working in high level of pollution as well as radiation ; this give rise to all type of life-style diseases which includes Obesity, Diabetes, Text neck, Hypertension, Stress Related Anxiety And Depression, Thyroid And Menses Related Problems, Eczema Or Dermatitis, Lichen Planus, Psoriasis Vulgaris, Hairfall, Skin Allergy And Allergies To Milk, Dust, Mites, Wheat And Perfumes Etc, Student’ Stress, I.B.S. (Ulcerative Colitis ),Rheumatoid Arthritis And Other Auto Immune as well as Hormonal Disorders And Diseases Etc.