Motion Sickness is a feeling that a person develops while travelling. Ear is a sensitive organ primarily responsible for maintaining the body’s equilibrium. Motion sickness happens due to conflicting messages the brain receives about the body’s position and motion. Contradictory messages that the brain gets from skin receptors, eyes, joint sensors, inner ear, and muscles. Motion Sickness may be due to different modes of travel, such as car, bus, train, plane, or ship. For example – a person can be airsick because his eyes are unable to notice the turbulence that is disturbing the plane from sides. For people who choose to travel on boats or cruise, they suffer from sea-sickness, which is also a form of motion sickness. Initially, patients avoid visiting health-care professionals, but as the disease progresses, they seek immediate medical attention. Many times, patients visit a specialized Homeopathy practitioner for the best Homeopathy Medicine for Sea & Motion Sickness.
Primary Symptoms Associated with Motion Sickness
Nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and sweating are the primary symptoms of Sea Sickness. Symptoms can progress slowly from not feeling well to dizziness, cold sweats, and finally vomiting. Patients that suffer from headaches due to migraine are more like to get Sea Sickness.
Common Trigger Factors
Mostly, Sea Sickness happens due to disturbance of the inner ear. Motion sickness is not considered life-threatening, but other primary trigger factors may result in motion sickness. These factors include:
- Sitting in the back seat while traveling.
- Somebody is reading a newspaper or magazines sitting in the car.
- In case you are not getting sufficient oxygen in the car.
- In case a person is enjoying amusement rides.
Sea Sickness or motion sickness is usually seen in people in their old age. Moreover, it is also common in pregnant women and children at their tender age. Sometimes, genetic factors are responsible for causing the Sea Sickness.
Preventive Measures to control the Sea Sickness/Motion Sickness
- On a Ship: Before making reservations, one should book a cabin near the waterline or in the center of the ship.
- In an Airplane: Travelers can book a window seat so that they can look out of the window. Position near to the front edge is the most preferred seat because the degree of motion is very less.
- On a Train: Always sit near the window.
Other tips to prevent motion sickness
- Avoid reading once you are in motion.
- Avoid drinking alcohol on board.
- Increase water intake.
- Take proper rest.
- Avoid eating acidic food.
- Avoid smoking.
Diagnosis for Sea Sickness/ Motion Sickness
Initially, symptoms of sea-sickness or a motion sickness remain mild and self-treatable. Still, in severe cases, disorder slowly progresses and wants immediate attention of the physician if it is affecting the nervous system and disturbing equilibrium. For diagnosis, the doctor will ask patients about the symptoms, such as circumstances that primarily cause a problem. It doesn’t require lab tests for the diagnosis.
Remedies to Prevent Motion Sickness
The distressing symptoms motion sickness causes usually stops once the motion stops, but the condition varies from patient to patient. Some people experience symptoms even after the trip. Mostly, people who suffer from motion sickness once ask for the preventive measures for the next time.
- Focus at the horizon: Travelers sitting in the car should look outside the window and focus towards the horizon and that too in the direction of travel. It helps people to re-orient themselves by offering visual reaffirmation. In case, the situation becomes uncontrollable; they prefer taking Preventive Homeopathic Medicines for Sea-Sickness.
- Keep eyes closed and nap: In a ship, it is quite helpful for the people to close their eyes at night and take a nap.
People who drive heavy vehicles should avoid taking medications because medicines sometimes cause side-effects. A simple way to treat the disorder comprises small environmental changes, for example – inhaling fresh oxygen. Some people give an extraordinary response to relaxation techniques and biofeedback training. Some herbs play an important role in treating motion sicknesses, such as peppermint, ginger, and tea. Once detected, patients seek the best Homeopathy Medicine for Sea & Motion Sickness as a primary mode of treatment.
Homeopathic Treatment for Sea Sickness/ Motion Sickness
Preventive Homeopathy Medicine for Sea & Motion Sickness are derived from plants and herbs, such as ivy plant, a tobacco plant, and strychnine plant, etc. Therefore, it provides relief from symptoms related to disease and offers a complete cure by treating illness naturally. It is recommended to consult an Experienced Homeopathy specialist before taking any medicine. Moreover, it doesn’t cause side-effects to the patients as other conventional treatment methods do.
To get the best Homeopathic Medicines for Motion Sickness, Dr. Vikas Singhal is a reputed Homeopathy Specialist in Chandigarh. He has successfully treated many patients with Homeopathy. To book an appointment, feel free to contact Dr. Singhal Homeo or they can live chat at our WhatsApp number +91 8264408264.