Have you been noticing a thinning of your eyebrows or eyelashes area for some time? If so, then you may be suffering from a condition called ‘Madarosis.’ Eyebrows and lashes are more than just cosmetic fringe. They serve a protective function. Eyelashes protect our eyes from airborne particles. Eyebrows help protect the bone above our eye socket & prevent sweat from trickling into the eyes. Eyebrows also aid in expressing emotions and meaning in conversations. Both eyelashes and brows enhance the feature of your face. If there is thinning or loss of eyebrows or lashes, not only its function & form are affected, but so is your appearance. Homeopathic medicine for eyebrow hair loss offers an effective treatment without causing any side effects.
What is Madarosis?
Madarosis is a medical term that refers to the loss or absence of eyelashes (ciliary madarosis) & eyebrows (superciliary madarosis), or both. The terminology is derived from an ancient Greek word, ‘Madao,’ which means ‘to fall off.’ It is usually the result of underlying eye, skin, or health conditions. It can affect one side of the face or both sides.
Madarosis can either be scarring or non-scaring. Non-scaring means the internal hair structure remains intact so that the hair loss can be reversible. On the other hand, Scaring is a severe condition that can cause permanent loss of eyelashes & brows. Homeopathy for eyebrow hair loss treatment can effectively control the progress and spread of bald spots & promote the re-growth of hair.
Symptoms of Madarosis
The symptoms are mainly cosmetic. It may sometimes be asymptomatic depending upon the etiology. The main symptom & sign of madarosis is hair loss from the eyelids, eyebrows, or eyelashes. They can evolve from other diseases also, some of which are:
- Swollen, itchy, red & burning eyelids
- Loss of hair from different body parts, mainly the scalp
- Weight gain and palpitation if there is a thyroid problem
Homeopathic medicine for eyebrow hair loss treatment can gently heal you of the problem without causing any side effects.
Causes of Madarosis
Many factors can cause madarosis. Moreover, people of any age can get affected, but it’s more common in older adults.
- Blepharitis – It is an inflammation that affects the eyelids and lashes. Symptoms include dry eyes, red & itchy eyelids, crust around the eyelids, and fall out of eyelashes.
- Hansen’s disease (Leprosy) – Madarosis is common among people with leprosy, also known as Hansen’s disease. It is a bacterial infection that affects the skin, nose, eyes, and nerves.
- Trichotillomania – It is a mental health condition. In this condition, people deliberately pull out their hair. The hair is commonly pulled from the eyelashes, eyebrows, and scalp.
- Infections – Certain bacterial, viral, or fungal infections can cause madarosis.
- Bacterial infections may include syphilis & Staphylococcus.
- Viral infections may include HIV & herpes simplex.
- Fungal infections can include ringworm.
If an infection causes hair loss, you may have other symptoms, such as redness, swelling, itching, or pain.
- Trauma – Injuries around the eye and eyelids cause madarosis. Burns or wounds in the eye or eyebrow area can also make the hairs fall out.
- Medications & Treatment – Some medications can lead to the loss of eyelashes and brows like anticoagulants, androgens, etc. Certain medical treatments such as chemotherapy, radiotherapy, and laser can make your eyelashes or eyebrows fall out.
- Nutritional Deficiencies – It can affect the hair and make it thin or fall out. For example, a deficiency in iron, zinc, or biotin can make you lose your eyelashes or brows.
- Genetics – Certain genetic conditions cause madarosis like ectodermal dysplasia, Ehlers – Danlos syndrome, etc.
- Other Diseases & Conditions – Some autoimmune diseases such as Alopecia Areata & Discoid Lupus Erythematosus can affect hair. Other conditions can also make eyebrows and lashes fall out, such as hyperthyroidism, psoriasis, rosacea, scleroderma, etc.
Homeopathic medicine for eyebrow hair loss can effectively help deal with the above-mentioned causative factors and stimulate the body’s natural healing capacity.
Diagnosis of Madarosis
Homeopathic doctors can diagnose madarosis by examining the medical history, symptoms and doing a physical examination. Sometimes, they might recommend additional tests to determine the underlying cause for a better eyebrow hair loss treatment in Homeopathy, which includes:
- blood tests
- skin swabs to test for bacterial infections
- skin scraping to test for fungal infections
- dermoscopy or dermatoscopy to examine the skin
Dr. Singhal Homeo, Chandigarh – For Best Homeopathic Medicine for Eyebrow Hair Loss
People looking for the best Homeopathic medicine for eyebrow hair loss treatment can consult Dr. Vikas Singhal for their problems. He has been practicing in his clinic at Dr. Singhal Homeo for 19+ years. He is one of the best Homeopathic doctors to treat various mild, chronic, rare, and autoimmune diseases across India.
He also has patients from countries like the USA, UK, UAE, Canada, Singapore, etc. After going through the patient’s diagnosis reports, symptoms, and medical history, Dr. Vikas Singhal uses individualized Homeopathic Medicine for eyebrow hair loss treatment for each case. Eyebrow hair loss treatment in Homeopathy is a better alternative than the conventional treatment since the latter gives short-term relief.
For an in-person consultation with the doctor, you can visit our clinic or can opt for an online treatment according to your preference. You can also opt for home delivery of your Homeopathic Medicine for eyebrow hair loss.
For further queries, you can call at +91 7087462000 or WhatsApp at +91 9041111747 to schedule an appointment.