What is eczema?
Eczema is not a specific health condition but a reaction pattern that the skin produces in a number of diseases. It initiates as red, raised tiny blisters having a clear fluid atop red, prominent plaques. In case of chronic eczema, the blisters are not very much prominent and the skin is generally thickened, elevated, and scaling.
The different types of eczema:
There are more than 10 different types of skin conditions that give rise to eczema. These include:
- Atopic dermatitis
- Irritant dermatitis
- Allergic contact dermatitis
- Stasis dermatitis
- Fungal infections
- Pompholyx (dyshidrotic eczema)
- Lichen simplex chronicus
- Nummular eczema
- Xerotic (dry skin) eczema
Different causes of eczema:
Though the exact cause of eczema is still unknown, but it is supposed to develop because of a combination of hereditary and environmental factors.
Children are more prone to develop it if a parent has had it or another atopic disease. Moreover, in case if both parents have an atopic disease, the risk of developing it increases further.
There are certain environmental factors, which are also believed to cause symptoms of eczema; these include:
- Allergens – dust, pets, pollens, and dandruff
- Irritants – soaps, shampoos, detergents, disinfectants, juices from fresh fruits, vegetables, etc.
- Temperatures – very hot or cold weather, high and low humidity.
- Microbes – bacterias like Staphylococcus aureus, viruses, and certain fungi
- Foods – various dairy products, nuts and seeds, soy products, and wheat
- Changing levels of hormones (especially in women)
Signs and symptoms of eczema:
Itching is the most common sign of eczema. The maximum number of patients with eczema complains of it. As the most types of eczema are similar in appearance (elevated plaques of red, bumpy skin), the distribution of the eruption can be very helpful in differentiating one type from another. For instance, atopic dermatitis mostly occurs in the front of the elbow and behind the knee while stasis dermatitis generally occurs on the lower leg.
The diagnosis of eczema:
The exact diagnosis of eczema needs a proper examination of the entire skin surface and an analysis of the health history. An in-depth analysis enables a doctor to exclude curable conditions caused by infectious organisms. In some cases, a sample of skin might be sent for examination in a laboratory.
The Homeopathy Treatment for Eczema:
The treatment varies depending on the type of eczema. For instance, the treatment for acute eczema (a significant weeping and oozing) have need of frequent repeated cycles of application of dilute solutions of vinegar or tap water. Furthermore, when the acute weeping got diminished, application of topical steroids like triamcinolone cream can prove effective. In severe cases, doctors may recommend to utilise systemic steroids either orally or by an injection.
Homeopathic treatment for eczema:
Homeopathy is considered one of the most effective treatments for eczema. Although eczema is a completely curable condition, this mostly requires professional and constitutional prescribing. Homoeopathy experts generally analyse the location, nature of eruption (dry or moist), sensation, modality, constitution, etc., before selecting the most effective and appropriate drug.
Most effective homeopathic remedies for eczema:
- Sulphur: This homeopathic remedy is mostly recommended if there has been suppression by different ointments. It gives considerable relief, and in fact is one of the most commonly used homeopathic remedies to cure eczema on the deepest level.
- Calendula: it is one of the best and generally the only homeopathic remedy that should be used to soothe itchy, chaffed or broken skin.
- Arsenicum: Arsenicum is the ideal homeopathic medicine in case of intense itching that often turns to burning when scratches. Moreover, in this case the skin feels dry as paper.
- Graphites: This homeopathic medicine is mostly indicated if there are Red itching pimples that heals slowly. In these cases skin get thickened and patients feel deep cracks in fingers, heels, etc.
Friends, as you all know very well that classical homeopathic medicines are prescribed only on the basis of TOTALITY OF SYMPTOMS with a clear cut identification of disease in patient and patient in disease also, even then we are providing here just a few homeopathic medicines for different types of medical problems in a short way.
But reader is advised very strongly to use the medicines only under medical supervision and these medicines should never ever consumed without proper consultation with your doctor or GP.
All types of ACUTE as well as CHRONIC COMPLEX diseases, (as described in this article) are being treated gently and harmoniously in our singhal multispeciality homoeopathy clinic with best classical homoeopathy medicine available to us, by helping and correcting the internal immune system .
We, in our clinic treat all types of acute and chronic diseases and for this we are having best qualified homoeopathic doctors available with us.
As you all know that In this modern mobile and digital era, diseases are increasing day by day just because of our poor life style which includes improper nutrition with no exercise and working in high level of pollution as well as radiation ; this give rise to all type of life-style diseases which includes Obesity, Diabetes, Text neck, Hypertension, Stress Related Anxiety And Depression, Thyroid And Menses Related Problems, Eczema Or Dermatitis, Lichen Planus, Psoriasis Vulgaris, Hairfall, Skin Allergy And Allergies To Milk, Dust, Mites,Wheat And Perfumes Etc, Student’ Stress, I.B.S. (Ulcerative Colitis ),Rheumatoid Arthritis And Other Auto Immune as well as Hormonal Disorders And Diseases Etc.